Strandberg + Boss?

That is one fugly looking guitar.

So first a mix with a boutique pedal maker, now with a boutique guitar builder. It would appear that a new Boss strategy is forming. I dunno, whatever happened to making innovative reliable gear? Like EHX, only with Boss quality? And maybe with some toggle or internal dipswitch to switch between regular Boss FET switching or actual true bypass? Is it in the year of our lord 2017 still impossible to give true bypass switching to Boss pedals?

it is essentially. They didn't show you the rest of the rig. A GK pickup has 6 individual mini pickups in it that connects to a connector which goes to a brain and converts it into MIDI data which is then converted to their synth sounds or MIDI data gets sent to other plugins, devices, et cetera. They just stuck the brain in the guitar, likely adding weight to the Boden, ruining one of its prime advantages. But it's all still just the same core stuff. I've been playing with Boss (owned by Roland) stuff for a long time, bruddah. It's just not that good. VG-99, GR-20, GR-55, and so on - they've been basically trying to get us to use the same stuff for the last 20+ years. Looks and souns great in these worked out demos but when you get it home and try it out yourself you find how it doesn't track very well, misses notes, picks up unwanted harmonics, and on and on and on.

I got MIDI Guitar 2 and it works 10 times better than anything Boss/Roland ever put out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom