Storing Presets on Behringer FCB1010 with Ultra?

sbonfone

Hi guys,
would someone very gently write me a step-by-step guide to how to store presets on the Behringer FCB1010 with no Eureka chip in it? It's quite a challenging pedalboard to me.
Thanks!

Presets from Fractal are stored on the Axe-fx, AX8, or FX8 and not on the midi controller. A midi controller, like the MFC, can be used to switch between presets with the Axe-fx. The AX8 & FX8, for most intents & purposes, self contained to switch presets.

What you are asking is, how do you store the presets in the Axe-fx Ultra & use the Behringer as a midi controler?

Do you have the fcb manual? you have to press the switch you wish to edit then enter edit mode, then program the preset #, exit edit mode. if you are not at all familiar with the fcb programing this could be tuff over the forum.

Presets from Fractal are stored on the Axe-fx, AX8, or FX8 and not on the midi controller. A midi controller, like the MFC, can be used to switch between presets with the Axe-fx. The AX8 & FX8, for most intents & purposes, self contained to switch presets.

What you are asking is, how do you store the presets in the Axe-fx Ultra & use the Behringer as a midi controler?
with the fcb you can program any preset number 0 through 128 to any switch in any bank.

Do yourself a BIG favor and grab a copy of RIPWERX. Patch programming from the FCB itself is an exercise in futility.

Not many are going to argue the point that the FCB1010 can be an unwieldy beast....HOWEVER...I've been using it for years and never once used a computer editor, and I was programming up some pretty complex stuff on my AxeFx Ultra and AxeFxII.

Programming the pedal itself is...tricky, cryptic, and archaic...not impossible. I recommend you learn to do it unless you will always and ONLY be using the FCB1010 in the presence of a computer with the software editor at the ready. I've had to reprogram things on the fly during sound checks that were critical, without the any computer interface, and it saved my butt on a few occasions. FWIW.

Not many are going to argue the point that the FCB1010 can be an unwieldy beast....HOWEVER...I've been using it for years and never once used a computer editor, and I was programming up some pretty complex stuff on my AxeFx Ultra and AxeFxII.

Programming the pedal itself is...tricky, cryptic, and archaic...not impossible. I recommend you learn to do it unless you will always and ONLY be using the FCB1010 in the presence of a computer with the software editor at the ready. I've had to reprogram things on the fly during sound checks that were critical, without the any computer interface, and it saved my butt on a few occasions. FWIW.
really late to the party obviously i just acquired an fcb1010 today and it's taken me hours to get it operating. currently i have an axe fx 3, fc 12, ev pedals in the fc12.. connected to the pc. axe is my audio interface, but i have the fcb1010 going direct to pc with this MIDI to USB from mio iconnectivity. DAW i am using is Ableton. I can do pretty great things with the fc12, blending axe fx with plugins.. now i'm hoping to use the fcb1010 to blend in reverse, and to control DAW functions, or other 3rd party plugins that might help me save real estate with the axe fx presets. it's great. i have big dreams... finding out how to operate these things are tough and this is my first midi device. if you are still around i'd love to pick your brain sometime

really late to the party obviously i just acquired an fcb1010 today and it's taken me hours to get it operating. currently i have an axe fx 3, fc 12, ev pedals in the fc12.. connected to the pc. axe is my audio interface, but i have the fcb1010 going direct to pc with this MIDI to USB from mio iconnectivity. DAW i am using is Ableton. I can do pretty great things with the fc12, blending axe fx with plugins.. now i'm hoping to use the fcb1010 to blend in reverse, and to control DAW functions, or other 3rd party plugins that might help me save real estate with the axe fx presets. it's great. i have big dreams... finding out how to operate these things are tough and this is my first midi device. if you are still around i'd love to pick your brain sometime
There are a number of FCB1010 threads on this forum. Most are dated 2016 or before. I've not been using my FCB1010 at all for about 5 years, and very little for about 4 years prior to 2016. At this point, I've forgotten more than I remember about programming the unit.

I used to contribute a lot on the topic. If you do a search for "FCB1010 no chip", you'll see a bunch of returns.

Otherwise, my most significant contribution can be found here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fcb1010-help-no-mod-no-chip.61417/

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom