Implemented Stop function with looper

Hi,

I’m playing in a trio where I record loops in the AxeFX3 using Cakewalk Sonar as a sequencer (using CC). The sequencer trig the AxeFX3 looper but if I stop the sequencer before the song end, my recorded loops continues to play...

Previously, using my AxeFX2 (which I sold when I got my AxeFX3), I have inserted a stop trig at the very beginning of the sequence so the sequence stop even if the previous one was yet playing... I cannot do that anymore with my AxeFX3.

So the Stop function was very handy for my purpose.

I don’t know if I’m clear because It’s really hard to explain and my primary language is not english.

Thanx

Jeff

Last edited:
Hi,

I’m playing in a trio where I record loops in the AxeFX3 using Cakewalk Sonar as a sequencer (using CC). The sequencer trig the AxeFX3 looper but if I stop the sequencer before the song end, my recorded loops continues to play...

Previously, using my AxeFX2 (which I sold when I got my AxeFX3), I have inserted a stop trig at the very beginning of the sequence so the sequence stop even if the previous one was yet playing... I cannot do that anymore with my AxeFX3.

So the Stop function was very handy for my purpose.

I don’t know if I’m clear because It’s really hard to explain and my primary language is not english.

Thanx

Jeff
Got it....yeah I basically tried the AXE looper for live sequenced parts, but what I ended up doing is using an external looper (ditto x4). It was again another item to carry, however, I get two independent loops, I can midi sync to pro tools, superior drummer, etc. Pretty much unlimited memory and nice fade effects...which, by the way, are very useful if the loops sit on top of your mix. To me, this was the best solution, and with two loops going on, I can't see looking back. I know TC is not coming out with a looper that does not need midi sync...it detects the beat. That looks promising, but only one loop. You can stack them...still not the same as the tandem loops with the X4. It was the best move I made regarding looping. I love love love AXE, but looping isnt its focus...yet!

Back
Top Bottom