Stone Temple Pilots?

Lou

Inspired
Anyone have a preset for STP?

I know he used a dual amp set up (Vox/Demeter) with some chorus as well. I'm gettting in the ballpark. Wondering if anyone else has. My band has an upcoming all STP song set, and I'm really trying to nail it.

Thanks

I had some good luck with the Recto Red believe it or not, for stuff from Core, for some of the other stuff I used a Vox. There is a video of a guy running through the Demeter, and I could get the Recto Red right there.

What songs are you doing? STP is my favorite band so a lot of my favorite tones are inspired by Dean.

The first album is pretty much his live rig that he's had for 30 years, which is the Demeter preamp and Vox AC30. The later albums are all kinds of different amps, typically vintage, often small.

What I'm doing now is running a rig with a 5153 Blue and an AC20, both running into the same cabinet (a 2x12 with Greenbacks). The 5153 is set pretty saturated like the Core stuff and the AC20 is set for cleans. Then I'm using a King of Tone pedal to push the AC20 into overdrive for more of the vintage overdriven stuff like Interstate Love Song.

For effects, I like a little of the pitch block detune to widen up the sound to cop the Core era. You may want to try that instead of a chorus for Plush which might be too mushy sounding. That effect I believe is a Rocktron Intelliverb and I wouldn't doubt if it's modulated delays instead of straight chorus. I've been meaning to play with the multi-delay effect to see if I can get closer. Otherwise you probably only need a little slap back delay for some of the more classic rock stuff.

Check this out and let me know what you think...I kind of tweaked the patch I've been building for the last couple weeks to match some of the album tones a little better.

Attachments

• STP Preset AF3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 163
Thank you. We are doing a greatest hits kind of set.
Crackeman
SexType Thing
interstate Love song
Sour Girl
Plush
Creep
Vasoline
Lady Picture show
Wicked Garden
Trippin
Unglued

AWESOME I love STP and have always wanted to do an STP tribute band ! Even better, I got to play with them and hang out with Dean and Robert Deleo of STP at Rock N Roll Fantasy camp back in May (See pictures attached). We got to play Sex Type Thing, Plush and Crackerman with them ! It was amazing . And they are they both super cool people !

Jarick, I'll try your STP patch in the next day or so. Thanks for sharing that one. I agree with what you said about Deans rig too!.

Mark w Stone Temple Pilots.jpg

Bumping this thread to see if the above info has been tweaked since it was posted and if the .syx file will load on a FM3. (Sorry if that’s noob stuff. I’m still pretty noob lol)

I don’t have any presets but just want to take a minute to say that both the DeLeo brothers have done an amazing job at filling the gap between Zeppelin in the 70’s and power-chord/riff-rock that was so popular in the 90’s when STP came out. Back when I was in high school (90’s) I’d go to learn an STP tune and find myself saying, “Where the hell did he learn these chords?!? He’s like a REAL musician!” and really, Robert is certainly no slouch either. I saw them with their new singer shortly after he joined, actually, the day I saw them I sent a tweet to Robert and he replie—

Attachments

• 37BC0638-A317-46B8-8B2D-2AC43980E9FE.jpeg
    37BC0638-A317-46B8-8B2D-2AC43980E9FE.jpeg
    516.4 KB · Views: 80
I don’t have any presets but just want to take a minute to say that both the DeLeo brothers have done an amazing job at filling the gap between Zeppelin in the 70’s and power-chord/riff-rock that was so popular in the 90’s when STP came out. Back when I was in high school (90’s) I’d go to learn an STP tune and find myself saying, “Where the hell did he learn these chords?!? He’s like a REAL musician!” and really, Robert is certainly no slouch either. I saw them with their new singer shortly after he joined, actually, the day I saw them I sent a tweet to Robert and he replie—
I'm gonna try this tone.

Robert wrote many of the songs, like Plush. He's a genius. See his Rick Beato interview.

Indeed, pick up Moke's "Plush" (one of the most on point song/artist presets I've ever played, bar none) and maybe "Interstate Love Song", you should be able to put together a spot on tone for Core and Purple songs. Moke f'n crushed it, its flawless. Dead on.

Indeed, pick up Moke's "Plush" (one of the most on point song/artist presets I've ever played, bar none) and maybe "Interstate Love Song", you should be able to put together a spot on tone for Core and Purple songs. Moke f'n crushed it, its flawless. Dead on.

Picked this up last week. So good!

Back
Top Bottom