stompbox finish 'distressed copper' - please take a look

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
I've been experimenting with metal foil to get a different look.

'distressed copper' consists of two layers of silver metal foil and one layer of copper metal foil on top, which is then 'aged' (ok, mistreated) with a brush and oxalic acid.

let me know what you think.

das-tremolo-01.jpg

das-tremolo-02.jpg

p.s.
it's a Tremulus Lune clone

Last edited:
This is my favourite look, from the Jerry Cantrell signature wah. Any idea how to get this stain?

dunlopjc95wah.jpg

crybaby-main-460-80.jpg

Last edited:
I found some very helpful info @ WIKI

"For copper alloys, such as bronze, exposure to chlorides leads to green, while sulfur compounds (such as "liver of sulfur") tend to brown. The basic palette for patinas on copper alloys includes chemicals like ammonium sulfide (blue-black), liver of sulfur (brown-black), cupric nitrate (blue-green) and ferric nitrate (yellow-brown). For artworks, patination is often deliberately accelerated by applying chemicals with heat. Colors range from matte sandstone yellow to deep blues, greens, whites, reds and various blacks. Some patina colors are achieved by the mixing of colors from the reaction with the metal surface with pigments added to the chemicals."
Patina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice finish on the pedal...and I think that if you nailed the look/patina you're trying to achieve they'd look incredible. Almost 'steampunk'...

Back
Top Bottom