Stomp Labels or Kick Tags?

toasterdude

Experienced
Finally getting around to configuring my MFC more to me needs. Now I will need to label this crap so I remember where everything is. Was going to order some kick tags as I like the idea that I can change them easily. Hower the new stomp labels look pretty nice. Also kick tags are not accepting orders till june? Pretty weird, I would order today and if they came out with something I liked better in june, I'd just order new ones but at least have something in the mean time.

Any opinions? Which do you prefer? Pros and Cons? I never thought I would be seeking such deatailed info on friggin labels but what can I do?

I have owned both and if I was ordering again knowing what I know now I would go with StompLabels. The reason being that their ultra labels are just a class product. I actually purchased my Kicktags first and I was very happy with them to begin with, my issue is that I have pretty big, clumsy feet and due to the way that these labels are made, I ripped a couple of them after a couple rehearsals and one gig. I'm sure if you are careful then you will never have a problem with either but for me the solid construction of the StompLabel just pushes it ahead.

Both are class companies and really great to deal with.

Spence

?.........Also kick tags are not accepting orders till june? Pretty weird, I would order today and if they came out with something I liked better in june, I'd just order new ones but at least have something in the mean time.

Hey matey - really sorry for the inconvenience due to the stop on new orders via pedalbordlabels.com, but it's the only way to get the time to get the new labels done plus all the other bits and pieces that have to be organised, so that we can get these out.

Also, honestly, I couldn't continue to sell the previous version knowing that I had worked out how to produce the Version IIs and I tried to slow things down as much as possible to ensure there was no immediate cut-off from the supply of version 1 to version 2.

We're trying to get things ready for an early-mid June launch, and I'll update everyone here as soon as they're ready. If you need labels in a hurry to tide you over, I can probably get a non-glow set made up for you (which I'll have to charge you for) with some b-stock surrounds from some mixed sets here that u can have for free. Drop me a pm here and let me know if I can help.

Cheers!

I'm going to go to my local Staples store and buy some printable magnetic sheets for a start. Cheap, fast and EZ to customize on any computer. After I get used to my switching system and settle into it I'll probably order some fancy labels. They look cool and are likely heavier duty that the Staples stuff.

I have owned both and if I was ordering again knowing what I know now I would go with StompLabels. The reason being that their ultra labels are just a class product. I actually purchased my Kicktags first and I was very happy with them to begin with, my issue is that I have pretty big, clumsy feet and due to the way that these labels are made, I ripped a couple of them after a couple rehearsals and one gig. I'm sure if you are careful then you will never have a problem with either but for me the solid construction of the StompLabel just pushes it ahead.

Both are class companies and really great to deal with.

Spence

Hi Spence , Thanks for your Post !
Yes our Labels are realy Proffesional and robust and that since a Year!
We have a thickness of 1mm , more magnetic , UV-Restistant Color, Liquid Laminated ( also waterproof)
And we are realy happy with this Construction:)
Also we have all the Time our One Piece Design , we think its just simple and Good .
And we have since a few Weeks OUR Ultrastomplabel in OUR AXE EDIT THEMED Design.
We have Design these Labels with the Icons from the Editor complete on the Labels that you can See the Design Easyer .

But also congrats to Sukh , that he have Soon also robust Labels !
@Sukh: nice work !

Nice greets from Germany , Sascha

I'm going to go to my local Staples store and buy some printable magnetic sheets for a start. Cheap, fast and EZ to customize on any computer. After I get used to my switching system and settle into it I'll probably order some fancy labels. They look cool and are likely heavier duty that the Staples stuff.
That's what I did about a year ago. Still using 'em.

MFC Tags.jpg

I own both stomp labels and kick tags. In fact you'll probably notice I've recently done Axe-Edit design sets with both companies.
No matter which one you choose, you won't be disappointed. Great products, great people!

I think these guys should get together and have a secret love child... KickLabels? StompTags?

After seeing what aleclee had done (thanks for the picture and the info on the magnetic paper, I wasn't aware of that, just the thicker magnetic sign stuff) I came up with a design using Powerpoint. I don't think it will be replacing StompLabels or KickTags, so I will post a link to the file in my Dropbox here. The advantage is that a user can customize the text and colors. All that is needed is the magnetic paper, a good printer, scissors and an X-acto blade. Thanks.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66790314/Labels.ppt

Attachments

• MFC Labels.jpg
    MFC Labels.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 203
I am getting my MCF101 tomorrow and since my wife got a Cricut for christmas, we are going to print out and cut my own designs with Staples magnetic paper. They only had the gloss finish. I first have to make sure the template works. Ill let everyone know how they work.

I am getting my MCF101 tomorrow and since my wife got a Cricut for christmas, we are going to print out and cut my own designs with Staples magnetic paper. They only had the gloss finish. I first have to make sure the template works. Ill let everyone know how they work.

Hi there! Wow - major thread resurrection! Things have changed big time with my labels since this thread started... Seems like only yesterday I was experimenting with cutters and templates myself (it was actually 6 years ago!).

Enjoy the journey my friend - I'm a fan of the DIY approach (obviously!) and know you'll have a blast.

(Btw - a tip that I hope will help... with machines like the Cricut you'll tend to get better results using lower cutting force for cleaner cuts with multiple passes at slower speeds :) )

Cheers! Sukh

I have sets of MFC magnetic label products from multiple manufacturers. They're all quite good. At this point my board is decked out with Kicktags (the new version) and I love them. They look great, and the modular switcheroo capability makes them super flexible. Sukh is a wonderful guy, and takes good care of his customers.

That's what I did about a year ago. Still using 'em.

MFC Tags.jpg
Due to a curious chain of events, I recently replaced these with tags from Gigwrx. They're not as fancy as Kicktags but they're very cost-effective and meet my needs nicely. Customer service is top notch as well.

image.jpeg I have both types - the Stomplabels and the latest KickTags models. The Stomplabels certainly do the job and they are quite quick to change if you do a lot of label changing - but you need to buy a specific label for each type/function and they seem to rely as much on the friction fit around the switch as the magnetic film itself to stick to the MFC, they have quite a thin profile if that's the style you want. The KickTags look significantly better to me and really feel quality - they actually look really good on the unit - and have the added advantage of interchangeable labels and "tiles" - this has been tremendously useful for me to get EXACTLY the label I want for each application.......and I can order any amount of new labels at any time without having to change the main label surround itself - the magnets are really strong - and when you have the surround, the label and the tile all on there they are solidly attached to the MFC. They also really GLOW in the dark and I mean REALLY GLOW! This, in and of itself, would make them a clear winner if you were doing a lot of gigs with the unit. I will be ordering the KickTags for my AX8 when they are available also.

Last edited:

This is actually how I got started with developing labels. Through trial and error. One word of advice I can offer is make sure you laminate them in some way. Either sheet laminate or liquid. My very first set I ever made smeared away as soon as a liquid from my shoe hit them. Good luck my friend. Post pics of them when your done

Anthony

My wife has a cricut also, if you figure out how to print what you want in your printer and get it to cut it out in the correct place please let me know how. My wife can print them, or cut them out, but not both. she made me some with the marker in the cricut and then cut them out and they worked ok but only white (color of magnetic sheet and the color of the marker) as boltrecords said they are not water proof(or beer proof). I think if I ever settle on a set up I will just order some already made, I think it might be easier and cheaper in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom