Stolen Gear

Makes me sad and angry for the guy. I'll remember the way that headstock looks forever...the beautiful and well worn tool of a musician. Hope I can help return it to the guy someday. Don't know if Canada is like the US but it seems like I read more and more about break-in's by roving bands of drug addicted deadbeats (at least down here in SW Florida.) Our neighbors house was robbed in broad daylight 2 months ago and the dude is a cop! Who in their right mind would break in a police officers house? They obviously targeted his place because it is set up perfectly where you can't see the back door that they kicked in. A neighbor kid saw people carting stuff out and thought they were moving. Brazen, man. I can't imagine if that was me...to lose a lifetimes worth of music equipment.

You're crossing a line sh*ting on other peoples jobs. Stop it please. A job is a job and anyone who has one is working.

Cheers.
Not pooping on anyone job what i meant is, and we all have had to work with them, people who work for their paycheck and people who collect a pay check.

Makes me sad and angry for the guy. I'll remember the way that headstock looks forever...the beautiful and well worn tool of a musician. Hope I can help return it to the guy someday. Don't know if Canada is like the US but it seems like I read more and more about break-in's by roving bands of drug addicted deadbeats (at least down here in SW Florida.) Our neighbors house was robbed in broad daylight 2 months ago and the dude is a cop! Who in their right mind would break in a police officers house? They obviously targeted his place because it is set up perfectly where you can't see the back door that they kicked in. A neighbor kid saw people carting stuff out and thought they were moving. Brazen, man. I can't imagine if that was me...to lose a lifetimes worth of music equipment.
I have a buddy that went to play at a benefit show and played the gig and went to tell the family of the benefit thanks for asking us to play and sorry for your loss. It was probably all of 10 min in a 500 compacity venue. when he went to load some jerk had taken his guitar he was so upset because one it was a badarse guitar,but two the fact his dad gave it to hime before he died, bought it. All the local guys including me started a pool for a few months and at his cd realese party we gave him the same model/color guitar thier. we knew that it would never replace the actual instrument, but he was speechless he was fighting tears and he isn't usually that type. I wish i could have gave him back the original i would have sacraficed alot for him to have it he is a great guy and good friend, but sadly it has never been recoverd.

Not pooping on anyone job what i meant is, and we all have had to work with them, people who work for their paycheck and people who collect a pay check.

Cool man, I think I misunderstood when you said:

there are tons of people that do nothing at their job answer phones type all day nothing like getting free pay check

As someone who's job involves a lot of call taking that rubbed me the wrong way but I think I see what you meant now :)

Cheers,
Steve

Calling people is different and dealing with people in general is very hard that was just the first thing that poped in my head is all. its like lets say your same job the boss might say you need to make 7 sales or 7 calls a day a the min and you have 25 to 35 avarage and the guy next to you making twice as much is flirting with every skirt talking about what they are goin to do after work 5 min after they punch in. and on top of that lucky if said person gets 3 calls in. Then the same complian and collect food stamps like they are so mistreated. X-Mas is always very slow for me and every year i get stuck behind the same people it seems like 4 carts with food i get for special occasions or once in a while a cart packed full and then the others with tons of toys movies goodies then procede to pay with 6 different link or foodstamp cards then im sitting there with one doll for my duagter and a gallon of milk and bread that im sweating cause 20 extra bux on that doll may break me. Then top it all off the asshole behind me is buging me to pay for my things with link card or foodstamps and in return use my cash to buy them cigarettes and alcohol so agrevating i just want to scream then proceed to get in the truck i wish i had living on foodstamps talkin on the best cell phone made caring their ipads uggg makes me so angry, but i got laid off during college one time and had a newborn and a sick wife and couldnt get unemployment cause i went to school full time and no food help cause i was goin to school. It was then at 18 i figured out i was all alone to self destruct with no help what so ever so i went to school from 7am to 6 pm and then to a store from 630 to 3 am then some sleep maybe all for way less than i was making before for 4 hrs a day at normal people times. ALL these auto shops in my area expect me to have all my ase certifications be gm ford dodge etc certified have a degree and they offer me 11.00 bux an hour with no benifits vacation or sic time oh and not to mention the fact that the hourly rate is flat rate so no work no check, do i get to go home if there is no work nah they expect me to clean or do something with no pay and its not like i dont do good work or im fast i was doing 80 -100 hrs a week no compliants while service writers service manager and parts all make a profit of my work diagnostics and know how. And they all made way more than i did service writers stand up front all day and read off what i wrote and the manager walks around and cuts everyone down when it comes to dealing with customers not him they come get me to explian why i have to replace the whole transmission because the guys duagther whent ditch jumping and tore half the tranny out.

I have a buddy that went to play at a benefit show and played the gig and went to tell the family of the benefit thanks for asking us to play and sorry for your loss. It was probably all of 10 min in a 500 compacity venue. when he went to load some jerk had taken his guitar he was so upset because one it was a badarse guitar,but two the fact his dad gave it to hime before he died, bought it. All the local guys including me started a pool for a few months and at his cd realese party we gave him the same model/color guitar thier. we knew that it would never replace the actual instrument, but he was speechless he was fighting tears and he isn't usually that type. I wish i could have gave him back the original i would have sacraficed alot for him to have it he is a great guy and good friend, but sadly it has never been recoverd.

Very cool. Love hearing stuff like that.

Calling people is different and dealing with people in general is very hard that was just the first thing that poped in my head is all. its like lets say your same job the boss might say you need to make 7 sales or 7 calls a day a the min and you have 25 to 35 avarage and the guy next to you making twice as much is flirting with every skirt talking about what they are goin to do after work 5 min after they punch in. and on top of that lucky if said person gets 3 calls in. Then the same complian and collect food stamps like they are so mistreated. X-Mas is always very slow for me and every year i get stuck behind the same people it seems like 4 carts with food i get for special occasions or once in a while a cart packed full and then the others with tons of toys movies goodies then procede to pay with 6 different link or foodstamp cards then im sitting there with one doll for my duagter and a gallon of milk and bread that im sweating cause 20 extra bux on that doll may break me. Then top it all off the asshole behind me is buging me to pay for my things with link card or foodstamps and in return use my cash to buy them cigarettes and alcohol so agrevating i just want to scream then proceed to get in the truck i wish i had living on foodstamps talkin on the best cell phone made caring their ipads uggg makes me so angry, but i got laid off during college one time and had a newborn and a sick wife and couldnt get unemployment cause i went to school full time and no food help cause i was goin to school. It was then at 18 i figured out i was all alone to self destruct with no help what so ever so i went to school from 7am to 6 pm and then to a store from 630 to 3 am then some sleep maybe all for way less than i was making before for 4 hrs a day at normal people times. ALL these auto shops in my area expect me to have all my ase certifications be gm ford dodge etc certified have a degree and they offer me 11.00 bux an hour with no benifits vacation or sic time oh and not to mention the fact that the hourly rate is flat rate so no work no check, do i get to go home if there is no work nah they expect me to clean or do something with no pay and its not like i dont do good work or im fast i was doing 80 -100 hrs a week no compliants while service writers service manager and parts all make a profit of my work diagnostics and know how. And they all made way more than i did service writers stand up front all day and read off what i wrote and the manager walks around and cuts everyone down when it comes to dealing with customers not him they come get me to explian why i have to replace the whole transmission because the guys duagther whent ditch jumping and tore half the tranny out.
Dude.. I'm trying. I'm trying, I really am... but this (like most of your other posts that are more than a single line) is INCREDIBLY HARD to read/parse and understand. It's like adult verbiage/thoughts, written with 3rd grade grammar/punctuation. I quit reading after the 3rd line...
<no offense intended here, but...> Do you communicate in this manner on a regular basis... with [for example] your supervisor(s) at work? If you do, have you thought of how it might appear to them?

I dint sleep much so it kinda got blurry after a bit. Then mostly typed what i was thinking at the moment. If you can try to read it. it is mostly just a series of thoughts and memories

Yeah not my point, some of them jobs suck, but on top of having to fix a car you got to have the skill and know how to diagnose it and tons of paperwork comes along with that not to mention if you dont write a book about what you did everytime you get paid shitty and their is no set pay if there is no work you get no pay check same goes with construction i do you gota have the smarts to do things right the first time and have the know how to know when you leave a job in both aspects that its completly correct and you will never here about that particular problem agian. Thing is if you go to the DR and he says "yeah you got the flu" and two weeks month later you go back, they charge you agian. Not with auto or home if a year later something goes wrong sometimes that has nothing to do with it i eat that job. Thing that gets me is the human body has been the same for millions of years, cars, codes and regulations changes on a monthly basis, sometimes daily, but im expected to know everyyhing about every aspect of each home, car, or song. It cracks me up when i give a band a list of things to be prepared for the studio then the band fails to do what i say to savve themselves money and then try to say that im ripping them off when it takes me a bit to figure out the 50 tempo and timing changes they have. Its like all these bands expect me to know their material before i have even ever heard ot and i should know every little peice.

dont get me started on the world of medicine, you have no idea of the complexity of the human body, the extreme amount of what we still dont know about it, the extreme amount of medicines treatments theories interractions of drugs, people their environment; on top of talk about paperwork, lawsuits, the responsibility of human life, and education and degrees? the cost? you earned a paycheck at 18, thats 12 years before an md, minus the 500k in loans to earn the degree. Then add in extreme drops in pay (it aint the old days); the government and insurance regulations, all telling you what you can cant should and should not do, prove it, THEN add people who think medicine is a perfect easy science, that there should be a pill and fix for every ailment eg. the flu! back pain etc. talk about what cliff has to hear about some electronics, have you heard the self entitled, I paid for something make me perfect forever, no matter how I take care of myself attitudes? PS Ive been on call since friday night, for FREE, no pay, and people want free advice free treatment over the phone! (go pick on lawyers or investment bankers making money for themselves in the multimillions while the fund owners make 1% return. Can you figure why a broker at goldman sachs makes 6million in bonuses while the market is crashing? Ever call a lawyer, just confirming an appt will cost you 450$/hour. ps most Police in California make as much as primary care doctors, and retire at 50 with 6 figure income.

i love this post cause its the exact same for me except i don't make near what a surgeon makes. Im not talking about medication reactions and such i was more focused toward a specific small group that studies things that are known. I have to carry insurance on my hands and self liability not that im self employed your right though. I have had people get a simple brake job then come back on a tow truck saying i messed the transmission uo changing brake pads, HUH did'nt know that was possible. I have also had law suites toward me that never made it past paper. At a dealer a customer droped of thier vehicle got a loaner wrecked the loaner and tried to sue me for their transmission going out and needing rebuilt. Supposably I tampered with it on their last Lube oil Filter a job that i didnt do they have special guys for that. Im with you on the free stuff to never more true with the phone. I dont have the 500k in loans but i do have 275k plus in tools like you said everything is changing gota keep up with the different stuff. Im sure same with you person calls asks you about an alment that could be several things and they expect a 100% correct answer that is impossible to give,but we do our best and still it comes to nip us in the butt when they tried to service their vehicle and failed miserably then its my fault too. Like you said if i put brakes on a car or rebuild a transmission well that should just last forever. MY abosolute favorites are the self diagnosers that come tell me whats wrong and you cant tell then any different, but god forbid it did not fix it, im to blame. ALSO sorry I really DIDNT mean that toward the medical field i have the up most respect for dr's its just an analogy is all matter of fact i wanted to go to med school, but i was a young father and had no help i did what i could. I was sick my whole childhood and now im sick as an adult with no diagnosis, im what i call a brush off, call it depression and ibs give em 50 scripts and test get him outta here dr's here suck horribly i gave up after 12 13 years of test pokes prods pain meds, crazy i forgot who i was meds, ones that have worse side effect than they fix meds, and my all time favorite the ones that make it worse and you cant sleep or all u can do is sleep

Sorry dint mean to affend per this post just an anology

Thieves are not good... Nothing worse that to have something personal that means a lot taken from you. The feeling of helplessness or being violated can be overwhelming, I know it has happened to me as well. You ether get your things back or you have to move on.

i love this post cause its the exact same for me except i don't make near what a surgeon makes. Im not talking about medication reactions and such i was more focused toward a specific small group that studies things that are known. I have to carry insurance on my hands and self liability not that im self employed your right though. I have had people get a simple brake job then come back on a tow truck saying i messed the transmission uo changing brake pads, HUH did'nt know that was possible. I have also had law suites toward me that never made it past paper. At a dealer a customer droped of thier vehicle got a loaner wrecked the loaner and tried to sue me for their transmission going out and needing rebuilt. Supposably I tampered with it on their last Lube oil Filter a job that i didnt do they have special guys for that. Im with you on the free stuff to never more true with the phone. I dont have the 500k in loans but i do have 275k plus in tools like you said everything is changing gota keep up with the different stuff. Im sure same with you person calls asks you about an alment that could be several things and they expect a 100% correct answer that is impossible to give,but we do our best and still it comes to nip us in the butt when they tried to service their vehicle and failed miserably then its my fault too. Like you said if i put brakes on a car or rebuild a transmission well that should just last forever. MY abosolute favorites are the self diagnosers that come tell me whats wrong and you cant tell then any different, but god forbid it did not fix it, im to blame. ALSO sorry I really DIDNT mean that toward the medical field i have the up most respect for dr's its just an analogy is all matter of fact i wanted to go to med school, but i was a young father and had no help i did what i could. I was sick my whole childhood and now im sick as an adult with no diagnosis, im what i call a brush off, call it depression and ibs give em 50 scripts and test get him outta here dr's here suck horribly i gave up after 12 13 years of test pokes prods pain meds, crazy i forgot who i was meds, ones that have worse side effect than they fix meds, and my all time favorite the ones that make it worse and you cant sleep or all u can do is sleep

Sorry dint mean to affend per this post just an anology

NO worries, its not easy servicing people for anything! Def. not easy dealing with the government and insurance. Def. not easy to make people feel better, sorry to hear about your ailments, like I said not everything can be figured out! Take care and keep rockin (ps I didnt even go to med school until I was 26! long road. ps Im a family doc, like you Ive got to "know everything" diagnose everything, for the lowest pay; then hand the diagnosis to a surgeon who gets the big bucks to fix, or run a test and turn back to me when they cant figure it out eg. cardiologists run stress tests for big money , then say nope not the heart. I see the elderly for less than I make ie. more than free (such low payment).

You're crossing a line sh*ting on other peoples jobs. Stop it please. A job is a job and anyone who has one is working.

Cheers.

agreed, ps you left one asterisk in sh*ting, is that the new zealand pronunciation shite like kite (one t ?) :)

AX8 Stolen June 2020. AX8-15-11-1649
Seatlle Police REPORT NUMBER: 2020-916701

High likelihood its in Brownsville, Texas.

Back
Top Bottom