Stock Presets...Wow!

Triaxis75

Inspired
Anyone else notice the presets already loaded sound freaking awesome? There are several that are absolutely useable at present and several that may take absolutely little to no tweaking. In comparison to what was stock to the ll when I first got it and even newly released presets, there is an absolute noticeable difference.

I got to about 99 as of right now and it's to the point to where I have to force myself to check the next one. WAY too easy to get stuck on presets. The Petrucci Rig preset....GLORIOUS!! FAS Modern and Hot Rod...new go-to for gain...or at least it will definitely make the auditioning list for sounds. The new HBE's and the Marshall's...just wow.

Super impressed.

Hell yes, the Petrucci rig is one of the best factory ones ever made for FAS..believe Cooper Carter may be responsible for it....? Seems to be designed specially for the Majesty guitar with its IN3 for the
Piezo.....lotsa surprises lurking in this new Pandora’s Box......

Dude yes. On my Axe FX 2 I had erased almost all of Bank A and Bank B and replaced them with custom IR's bla bla bla... but on here, it's screaaaaaaaming right out of the preset. I ain't touching a thing.

Hell yes, the Petrucci rig is one of the best factory ones ever made for FAS

+1

Finally got some time to play today (as opposed to tinker with the new interface, etc). I managed to get through the first 80+ factory presets. Then, I found 'Petrucci Rig'! Great stuff in this box but that preset just stopped me in my tracks and it was simply time to play guitar.

Great stuff!

-MJC

Yes, I am finding the FX III presets very usable right out of the box. Several I never used on the XL+ but they now sound great on the III.

+1. The factory presets are highly underrated. There’s excellent stuff in there.
Yes sir. You could easily play gigs and never tweak a setting, although that's half the fun. The presets have always been great, but my opinion is that they've stepped up a notch or two with the Axe FX III (ok, maybe 3 notches then). When a sound inspires you to play, it's good!

Another thing to add, within the first 100 presets there's actually a lot more presets than that. Many of the amps have several iterations of it...so the actual number is easily over 200 (didn't count so don't have an actual number). Versions of each preset with bright, driven, boosted, lead, rhythm, etc. already set up and ready for a listen.

Two really cool things that I noticed is that:

A. Several amps have their different channels grouped into the same preset so it feels like your just going through the channels of the actual amp like you normally would ( I think the genius of multi-channels is rearing its beautiful head on this).

B. Several amps having scenes with EL34 options. It's kind of nice and surprising to hear some of amps with swapped tubes on the fly.

Granted, you could make all of these yourself, but it' nice getting that full experience straight out of the gate.

Mentally, the options are really, really starting to open up...

could anyone make screenshot of the petrucci preset, I would like to transcribe on my axe 2
Would be difficult to do , as the preset uses many different channels/scenes, that make it special and unique for the III, but maybe somebody is up for it...I, not.

Hopefully Cliff will read this.. I just wanted to say I have spent a small fortune on guitar gear more often then not to be disappointed. The axefx2 was a great device but now clearly it was a stepping stone- the 3 is just awesome- clean patches hi gain, in between it all sounds and feels awesome- in many cases better than the amps it is meant to duplicate!! I am happy happy happy with this thing and can't wait to see the foot controllers and where this all goes,but out of the box I already know this is a winner. I have often said Cliff is a modern day Leo Fender or James Marshall, but now he's proved he is even more! Congrats on permanently shaping the music world and it's history Cliff- you da man!
BTW the last LA amp show was a ghost town....

These factory presets are saving me a lot time getting this machine gig ready. I'm finding the amp tones i want right out of the box and I haven't had the need to go down the rabbit whole searching for just the right IR. excellent!

Hopefully Cliff will read this.. I just wanted to say I have spent a small fortune on guitar gear more often then not to be disappointed. The axefx2 was a great device but now clearly it was a stepping stone- the 3 is just awesome- clean patches hi gain, in between it all sounds and feels awesome- in many cases better than the amps it is meant to duplicate!! I am happy happy happy with this thing and can't wait to see the foot controllers and where this all goes,but out of the box I already know this is a winner. I have often said Cliff is a modern day Leo Fender or James Marshall, but now he's proved he is even more! Congrats on permanently shaping the music world and it's history Cliff- you da man!
BTW the last LA amp show was a ghost town....
Cliff...credit where credit is definitely due...
@FractalAudio

I have to agree I usually start tweaking for days on end when I get a processor. but rite out of the box the axe3 sounds amazing to me and I'm mostly a death metal guy. I loved my axe 2 better than any processor ever but the axe3 just tops the cake it just sounds amazing I have found my grail sound and finally feel like I can start learning how to play the guitar

Mine just arrived. Love my Axe-Fx II Mk II but the Axe-Fx III........ Stunning. This thing is a piece of art. Amazing work Cliff and company. Like everyone is saying the presets are killer out of the box. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom