STL Tones: Comparison of stand alone plugin vs using the Fractal patches

Luth2000

Inspired
I have bought one pack of these STL artist packs and successfully loaded etc - nice patches. But when you add up all the Austin Buddy Dreamrig patches, the AB Bass patches, my own creations, the downloaded patches from Axe-exchange, the cool factory patches, things get crowded. So IF the STL plugin patches sound quality is equal to the patches played thru the FX XL+, it would be a more streamlined recording rig to have the plugin setup. Has anyone compared and have comment on the two methods of accessing, playing, and recording those artist packs?

thanks,
Luther

I have both, I love STL patches, so good for using in complete mix situations, not so great for jamming solo. It’s all preference. In my opinion it takes the same amount of effort, if not slightly more, to switch presets on the Axe, than to switch to the standalone APP. Try both and see what works smoother for YOU and fits your idea of “Streamlined.” I only purchased the standalone out of curiosity a while back, ended up staying with the Axe.

I used tonehub for awhile before recently upgrading to the axe and I think I’m going back to the plug-in. I got way more accomplished when I wasn’t fiddling with axe all the time.

Back
Top Bottom