Still of the night

Oh yes :D
That´s what I´m talking about... Freakin´ awesome playing and tone, man!
Which amp/cab did you use? FAS Modern/Lead? Any drive block?

Thank you, for the kind words. :)

In fact there are 3 sounds involved.

I doubled the main part with:

1. Marsha HBE (no gain boost) into the 4x12" V30 cab -> Delay on top 75% left panned
2. OD 808 -> Recto Red -> Rect 02 cab -> Reverb on top 75% right panned

The clean part is played with:
3. Brownface -> 2x12" Boutique -> Chorus -> Reverb

The "string" part is played with sound 2
The solo part is sound 2 as well (through neck single coil). I added a timed delay in reaper.

That's it, straight and simple.

charles5150 said:
Great Marsha tones there !

Thank you.

charles5150 said:
Did you mess with the bias ? It sounds full of nuances....

:D No not at all.

I'm still scared of the advanced tabs... :lol:

So the details come with the different amps and the difference in distortion, I think. The Marsha is around half as distorted as the Recto. The different behaviour in attack and release of the amps and the phasing in between do their part and every phase in playing has its own sound. So it gets complex sounding, but ist is so easy. ;)

FlyingV said:
Hi Joerg,

can you post the preset, please ?

Regards

Peter

Done! :D

[attachment=1:20857i0u]FatMarsha.syx[/attachment:20857i0u]
[attachment=0:20857i0u]Clean 1.syx[/attachment:20857i0u]
[attachment=2:20857i0u]Recto nice.syx[/attachment:20857i0u]

Hope, it helps.

Joerg

Attachments

• Recto nice.syx
    2 KB · Views: 218
  • FatMarsha.syx
    2 KB · Views: 239
  • Clean 1.syx
    2 KB · Views: 221
georgyporgy said:
Thank you, for the kind words. :)

In fact there are 3 sounds involved.

I doubled the main part with:

1. Marsha HBE (no gain boost) into the 4x12" V30 cab -> Delay on top 75% left panned
2. OD 808 -> Recto Red -> Rect 02 cab -> Reverb on top 75% right panned

The clean part is played with:
3. Brownface -> 2x12" Boutique -> Chorus -> Reverb

The "string" part is played with sound 2
The solo part is sound 2 as well (through neck single coil). I added a timed delay in reaper.

That's it, straight and simple.

Thanks for the insight, man. Have listened to your recording maybe 15+ times so far. Damn, this rocks. :twisted:

georgyporgy said:
Better than stealing an old womans bag in the park... :D

Not sure if there is a better way to spend the day!! :lol:

Enjoyed that, i'm still a sucker for the spandex big haired 80's rock!! (in a none gay way!!) :D

Thx for bringing that old recording up again.... :lol:

I am gonna bring new stuff when I am recording the rehearsals with my band. So there will be no need for a good backing track. Plus vocals will be there....

Joerg

Damn I love this song (all of Whitesnake really). Such power, bravado and changes.

Well done! For those who havent viewed their Ytube live version (in London) - you'll get a CHILL up yer spine. In The Still of the NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT ! ~ Oo babe........why dont you [bleep] me?

Nice job! I'll bet that was fun. It sounds like it. I remember when that song was all over MTV. I saw Whitesnake a few times live in NorCal, and they always killed it. Oh, except the time at a Day On The Green festival when Coverdale was hit in the face with a shoe. He was not happy! Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone one else had problems downloading these patches? About 25% of the patches I try to download don't work. When I try to upload them to Axe editor it just reloads the current patch I was already on. Seems so hit or miss that some upload just fine & others don't. Great job on Still of the Night, now if I could only get the patches onto my Axe....

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom