AFIII "Still of The Night" Solo

Very Nice!

That was way better than what ever I could muster up in my demo video for that one. So hard to hear what's exactly going on in that one, let alone play it! I did like 10 takes, and just picked the one that I hated the least...lol..

I was surprised to not see you using the neck pickup for majority of that solo?

Thanks Moke! To be honest I was more concerned about my position in front of the camera (distance and focus) and I actually forgot to use the neck pickup lol.

Mark, you're an inspiration. I already like your Neal Schon stuff a lot, he's one of my favorites. Also that you play songs with your band Pat Benetar, Neil Giraldo is a great musician and often underrated. And now Sykes, just incredible. I already know which song I will practice now. Do you use your Gibson preset for all these songs and are the pitch shifter and enhancer always on?

Last edited:
Mark, you're an inspiration. I already liked your Neal Schon stuff a lot, he's one of my favorites. Also that you play songs with your band Pat Benetar, Neil Giraldo is a great musician and often underrated. And now Sykes, just incredible. I already know which song I will practice now. Do you use your Gibson preset for all these songs and are the pitch shifter and enhancer always on?

Thanks so much! I use the Gibson preset for everything. I have two pitch blocks, one is setup for detune (chorus) and that one is one all the time as is the enhancer. I love that wide 80's sound.

Mark

markday.jpg this is one awesome preset,@Mark Day Mark! I especially like learning that the Freqout (I presume) works much better in the PRE position bypassing the
drive and other PRE FX. I had been trying in POST with less satisfying results. I did notice that you have a shunt from OUT 3 to IN 3, and it has been my understanding and practice NOT to directly shunt that combination as it is superfluous and could possibly cause unwanted feedback loops, and I changed it for my use on the III (see above)... Am I wrong? Anyway , thanks, and hope to meet you at the Axefest..?

View attachment 53522 this is one awesome preset,@Mark Day Mark! I especially like learning that the Freqout (I presume) works much better in the PRE position bypassing the
drive and other PRE FX. I had been trying in POST with less satisfying results. I did notice that you have a shunt from OUT 3 to IN 3, and it has been my understanding and practice NOT to directly shunt that combination as it is superfluous and could possibly cause unwanted feedback loops, and I changed it for my use on the III (see above)... Am I wrong? Anyway , thanks, and hope to meet you at the Axefest..?

You are correct, there shouldn't be a shunt there. Both In 3 and Out 3 are bypassed in other scenes so no harm no foul, but ya shouldn't be a shunt there. I found that the Freqout does work better pre rather than post.

Back
Top Bottom