Still looking for that perfect FAT Robin Trower Univibe sound

OK guys, I went back to the woodshed and worked on my 'Bridge of Sighs' patch and I think you'll agree, the "throb" factor has improved. :D

Thanks Poly and everyone else for pushing me to improve this patch. I'm happy to share if anyone is interested.

I'm just blown away by what this amazing black box can do. Way to go FAS!!

Whoahh! NOW THAT IS THE SH#T!!! LOVE IT! Care to post the patch?
OK guys, I went back to the woodshed and worked on my 'Bridge of Sighs' patch and I think you'll agree, the "throb" factor has improved. :D

Thanks Poly and everyone else for pushing me to improve this patch. I'm happy to share if anyone is interested.

sounds like Peruvian Skies by Dream Theater.

Beautifully painful, as it should be. Perfect!

The cool thing about mrstrat's latest effort:

Most every other Univibe tone I've heard sounds like a guitar tone with a Univibe sound laid over the top of it. This sounds like an integrated tone, where the guitar tone and the 'vibe have been melted together into a single sound. That's why I'd love to see the preset and learn how it's put together. Not to mention stealing the sound. :)

I have a trower patch from way back someone shared that sounds pretty great (this is with a Jackson soloist so wrong guitar but ...) you can get the idea

if anyone wants it I'll put it up[ on the exchange

Thanks man, so glad you liked it. :)

I'll upload the patch to Axe Change when I get home tonight.
please do I want to compare yours to the one I've got (I can't say it's mine because I didn't create it :) )

Now I just need to find a nice old strat :)

Here you go guys:...Enjoy!! :)
Thanks, mrstrat! Preset downloaded and played with.

And yes: played in person, it's totally got that Bridge vibe. For my guitar, I have to tame the gain and bottom end a bit. I've lowered the drive in the Drive block and engaged Cut in the amp block. The Bright switch helps, too. But even without those changes, your preset still feels playing with taffy. Well done!

I have no idea how close you've gotten to an original Uni-Vibe, but I'm diggin the patch. :) Works great with my Strat, although the level is way higher than my normal patches & was clipping the output. I just brought down the amp level. Thanks!

Sent using Tapatalk 4.

It's been a while since I messed with the vibe parameters, but I remember the Bulb Bias parameter being the key to getting close to the fat univibe tone that all vibe lovers are looking for. At least that's what I found back when I still had a Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe to do a direct comparison. I only bring it up because I have not seen anyone mention that parameter in this thread and I have not downloaded mrstrat's preset yet. There was still something about the Mojo Vibe that added a "creaminess" to the tone that the Fractal Vibe alone could not capture, but that could probably be achieved by other means.

I'll definitely download the preset and give it a spin. Thanks for posting it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom