• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Still looking for that perfect FAT Robin Trower Univibe sound

funny_polymath

Fractal Fanatic
I Friggin' LOVE that pedal. Yes: someone, anyone, give us the warm, meaty sound this thing has, 'cause I don't want anything else in my pedal board!
My Fulltone De-ja does it perfectly ......... I know - it's not in the Axe - but it is when I place it just before my Axe -> IN - These are amazing accurate reproductions and nail that sound.

halenesque

Inspired
I finally acquired both a Megavibe and an Aquavibe... both units are fantastic but yet different and compliment
each other nicely. Had a long waiting list on both tho. Many of the forums I had researched first (long while ago now)
seemed to tilt towards the Megavibe being about the best out there. A fellow buddy bough the Fulltone and its not quite the vibe the Megavibe is.

Phostenix

Power User
Any chance you'll procure a Sweet Sound Ultra Vibe II? I'd love to hear how it compares to the MegaVibe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
So, any way to achieve that quality of vibe in the Axe FX II?

Still trying to dial in better flanger and phaser sounds too.

Is it a matter of running parallel?

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
This

(Great product demoer! And even though this is also a digital product, I have not been able to achieve this with the Axe FX.)

This one too (not to mention all the other great demos on youtube):

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
Other than the Effectrode Tube Vibe (which I used to own, but of course, uses tubes...), the Dry Bell just really seems to nail it.

I've never used the Fulltone De-ja.

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
This sounds good, but it seems to be missing the throb and the almost mangled tone he achieved. You can really hear the vibe clearly in Pete's Dry Bell demo.

I feel like I just can't get enough with the vibe in the Axe. It seems like there must be a way, I just can't quite get it yet.

I often struggle with the phaser and flanger too, in that respect. I also can't nail a certainly type of spring verb (check out the Big Sky demo for a great example).

Here's my attempt at a Bridge of Sighs:

Top Bottom