Still learning, question on settings.

Jer_ry

I've owned my Ax8 for about 4 years, I gig with it but my gigs all require some drive and clean. I've created all my own patches that work for my gigs. I'm a metal head by nature and lately I've been trying to get a heavy balanced tone for some recordings. I've managed to make some buzzy crap or flat and low crap. I'm worried there is a setting changed somewhere causing this. I saw a YouTube video of a guy making a nice metal tone from nothing. I mirrored everything he did exactly but immediately noticed after he added his Amp and Cab there was a world of difference between his tone and mine already. Mind you, it was a brand new stock patch like mine but his sounded high-end and Crisp, mine sounded extremely low, muddy and almost no treble. I maxed out my treble and still didn't get what he had at stock levels. As the video went in I noticed all his level were where mine also were. What am I missing here? I am straight to a 2ch mixer interface with no level settings so it's true signal to my headphones

Last edited:
Check your Global EQ. Make sure that Poweramp and Cab modeling are on. Maybe try resetting your System and Global settings.

Back
Top Bottom