1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Still finding level meters a bit confusing..

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx III Discussion' started by andyp13, Aug 24, 2018.

1. lqdsnddist

lqdsnddist
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Or you could look at things as you were fortunate enough to have the very designer of the product personally respond you your question......

jakbur, ∞Fractals and bradlake like this.
  2. Heath

Heath
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Right, but it still won't solve the internal clipping in out3 coming from in1.

Lol I saw that...won't mention colors!

3. bradlake

bradlake
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

eggzackly

4. FractalAudio

FractalAudio
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

It's impossible to clip internally. The output block level meters are intended for use in leveling presets. When routing a signal from Input 1 to Ouput 3 or 4 it's entirely possible for the meters to enter the red zone. This is not an issue. The only place clipping can occur is at the final D/A stage which is indicated by the front panel meter bridge. If the red LEDs light then the D/A is clipping.

NeoSound, ∞Fractals, h.c.e. and 2 others like this.
  5. Heath

Heath
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Ok, got it. Sorry, internally i meant in axe edit in the out3 block level meters. So good, that answer's my question...if those meter levels are way in the red, it's not an issue. I understand its for leveling presets just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything.