Sticky buttons!

FracAttack

I wondered if anyone else had encountered this. I havnt owned the AX8 for very long and already the buttons are starting to stick, particularly the enter button, which doesn't want to release itself freely after it has been depressed.

Anyone shed any light on any possible solutions?

I'm presuming you're referring to the 'soft' buttons above the bar? I've heard that tapping them quickly for a few seconds helps. If that doesn't work, contact Fractal Support. I wouldn't recommend spraying anything on or around those buttons before talking to Fractal.

It's a basic switch that has become dry, WD40 will make a huge improvement
Do not spray WD40 anywhere near your AX8!!!! (Unless fastgraham is referring to a silicon version of WD40 - although I wouldn't use that either). WD40 is a definite nono for audio gear. I've got my helmet on but I'm sure I will get total support from other techs or tech-heads.

It's a basic switch that has become dry, WD40 will make a huge improvement
There's an assumption that by spraying the button, no lubricant will get inside the chassis and onto a PCB or other hardware. Not a risk I'd be willing to suggest or take without checking with the manufacturer.

There's an assumption that by spraying the button, no lubricant will get inside the chassis and onto a PCB or other hardware. Not a risk I'd be willing to suggest or take without checking with the manufacturer.
Just put some paper towels around the base, it worked really well with no side effects.

Back
Top Bottom