Stevie Ray Vaughan Preset needed for show

i think on my cut from above, its as much drive iv'e heard srv use?
Love it !
Patch me up please u AX8 freaks !
mwah xxx

And THAT Bend at 2:48...... oh my oh my......

I used fractool to convert it. worked like a charm. i can upload the converted file tomorrow if you dont have fractool - its very nice to convert axefxii files to ax8 with just drag and drop.
Please do if u don't mind- I will try to download this tool soon and test

Here goes, from the names the one with all the blocks converted from axe change, the other tweaked for me and "reduced" to get under the cpu limit.

Attachments

• SSSinger SRV.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Dumble SSS SRV.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 160
Gonna try the SSS 2nite. Many thanks.
BTW , with that fractool app, when i try and use it on my imac for convert axe fx presets into ax8 ones it never seems to work, do anything??
could u point me the correct way to do it please, i have loads of axe fx 2 xl presets i'd like to try on my ax8 ( wel the ones that will work on the unit )
could you make a short utube video on how to maybe ( of course if u have time )

Cheers, Davey

Here goes, from the names the one with all the blocks converted from axe change, the other tweaked for me and "reduced" to get under the cpu limit.
Hey many thanks- question after playing the Dumble preset for a minute the Reverb disabled? u ever have that happen?
Ok I just played both and it says CPU overload- so this won't happen on stage- just on computer- right?

Gonna try the SSS 2nite. Many thanks.
BTW , with that fractool app, when i try and use it on my imac for convert axe fx presets into ax8 ones it never seems to work, do anything??
could u point me the correct way to do it please, i have loads of axe fx 2 xl presets i'd like to try on my ax8 ( wel the ones that will work on the unit )
could you make a short utube video on how to maybe ( of course if u have time )

Cheers, Davey
Try this thread for info:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractool-the-ultimate-fractal-device-multitool.112538/

Hey many thanks- question after playing the Dumble preset for a minute the Reverb disabled? u ever have that happen?
Ok I just played both and it says CPU overload- so this won't happen on stage- just on computer- right?

no it wall happen on stage too, thats why i reduced the number of blocks in of of the patches to be able to mess around with it on my ax8 (the original was for a axefxii with more cpu power). i build all my live and studio patches more or less from scratch, but since i am new to the fractal world i download a lot to learn and see how people achieve different things with it - or better how different players use different approaches working towards more or less the same tonal ballpark.

my own "Tx" bluesy patch is different from this one. what i have in common with both this one and tyler approach is the cabinet choice. going with JBL or EV speakers - from memory SRV used JBL's early and EV later on. these gives more clarity to my ears. another approach stolen from SRV is that i reduce the input trim on the amps to somewhere between .68 and .76 when going for that vibe, he used 5751 (less gain than a 7025 or 12ax7) tubes in the first position to tame the beast a bit and have the amps up loud.

Back
Top Bottom