Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase. cover

heanjurrera

Hey all!

I've been meaning to try recording a quick cover of this song since I acquired a bunch of gear through the last couple of years that needed a proper test drive. So far so good! Recording vocals in my apartment is a bit tricky though. So lots of EQing had to be done. Still, I guess I managed to give it some special character and I don't entirely hate it for now.

- All electric guitars are Axe FX II
- PRS Custom SE with BKP Alnico Nailbombs for heavy guitars (who would've thunk the JVM Amp would be amongst my first choices for recording, ever!).
- Trusty tele into the usual AC30 for all sweet cleans.
- Superior Drummer 2. Quite happy with this new drum mix. Got the transcription itself from some guitar pro tab online.
- A cheap steel string acoustic recorded with the usual 58 through a 2nd gen Scarlett 2i4
- Vocals were also recorded with the 58
- Wurlitzer and Solina from Arturia's Analog Lab

Cheers!

Big fan of PT and SW. Very nice cover! A little more reverb on the vocals can help stick them to the track a bit more. You have a great voice.

Why not use the Bad Kitty instead of the JVM?

Big fan of PT and SW. Very nice cover! A little more reverb on the vocals can help stick them to the track a bit more. You have a great voice.

Why not use the Bad Kitty instead of the JVM?
Cheers!
Honestly, I had this patch laying around when I got my Nailbombs and I liked it so much it just stuck haha. I've tried the Bad Kitty before and I liked it for very nasty, sludgy sounds (think Baroness) but I've never managed to get a SW-like tone unfortunately. Any tips would he appreciated tho!

Cheers!
While I really love HCE, I can't say I could ever get into the Raven. Grace for Drowning is still my favourite of his solo albums.
Bummer that you couldn't get into that one...some of the best musical performances on any of his albums are on that record, IMO. Drive Home, The Watchmaker, Raven...so much greatness. Even so, I commend anyone who takes on any of his tunes and covers it as immaculately as yours here. I'm a fan.

Back
Top Bottom