Steven Stevens Artist Preset pack is up

They sound great. One of them is based off factory preset #126 Plexi AC, which is a favorite of mine with small tweaks.

Quite a turn around from the days when people expressed interest in artist preset packs they got bashed! (take a look at the most downloaded ones on axe-change LOL)

Anyhow glad its happening!!!

Had a blast today playing this presets, only one question tho, how do i access the Raygun effect? i know it’s in the Rebel Yell preset, scene 2 and pedal set to ext 2, what i’m i missing?

Had a blast today playing this presets, only one question tho, how do i access the Raygun effect? i know it’s in the Rebel Yell preset, scene 2 and pedal set to ext 2, what i’m i missing?
I have my 2nd exp pedal connected to the FC12 - had to make that assignment change in the chorus block of Scene 2 to access the ray gun

I have my 2nd exp pedal connected to the FC12 - had to make that assignment change in the chorus block of Scene 2 to access the ray gun
Same here, i have my ev1 to fc6 in the 2nd pedal input, there's two chorus blocks on that preset, is it on the first one or second one? do i have to do any tweaking to the block? cause all i get in the actual chorus sound, thank you.

Same here, i have my ev1 to fc6 in the 2nd pedal input, there's two chorus blocks on that preset, is it on the first one or second one? do i have to do any tweaking to the block? cause all i get in the actual chorus sound, thank you.
Not sure which one but I think it's the one that has Ext 2 assigned to the Mix parameter. Not at home right now to check but pretty sure it was the Mix parameter that was being controlled.

Thanks to Steve Stevens and FAS for this! Actual artist created presets for free! Unheard of in these times.

Thanks to Steve Stevens and FAS for this! Actual artist created presets for free! Unheard of in these times.

Well. Perhaps Steve was compensated either monetarily or gifted the III, whereas FAS is using it as advertising. Surely there are potential customers that finally decide, yes to purchase, this pushed them that final 2%. Nothing in business is “free”.

Well. Perhaps Steve was compensated either monetarily or gifted the III, whereas FAS is using it as advertising. Surely there are potential customers that finally decide, yes to purchase, this pushed them that final 2%. Nothing in business is “free”.
Yeah well maybe the various folks involved are being purely altruistic, but the reality on my end of that these actually don't cost end users anything.

[EDIT] Hah, opposite day. I meant to say maybe they AREN'T purely altruistic, but still, it's good for us users. Bleh, words...

Last edited:
so... was just playing the rebel yell preset with my hamer steve stevens - my head has exploded and I'll need a risky operation now... but it was totally worth it.

What I love the most about these artist presets is seeing what professionals in the industry are doing. I’ve found some very inspiring tones. But at the same time it’s made me appreciate my own presets more than ever. In the end your tastes are going to be personal... and your preference is completely subjective. If anything this amazing technology from Fractal Audio has helped me find what I was looking for with my guitar tone. And I hope it does the same for everyone else as well.

like @Rekster said... I find a wealth of info in that one preset. It is surprising to me how low gain it is... and how tight the low end is... and has made me sort of think I need to dwell on that when I build a rhythm preset. Steve is a tone monster and it's dialed in beautifully. when you hit that D to A change it just has so much power despite how little gain there really is. What I learned from checking it out is super valuable to me. Now just need to tease my hair up, get some leather pants... (i think you see where this is going)

The Ray Gun is Chorus 1 Mix , assigned to controller 2. Just change the controller assignment on your Axe Fx and you are done. I use a MIDI controller so in my case I triggered my pedal 2 assignment.

I agree on the 3D sound I'm gonna go look at my main HBE preset I gotta figure out what SS did to make it sound more 3D so I can do it to my presets love the playboys preset

Also having a challenge getting the FAB Ray gun to go off.....
I have one EXP pedal on EXT 1. What change I need to make please?

Back
Top Bottom