Steve Vai

Jay Seeney

If one was aiming to re-create Steve Vai's modern tone, what settings would you use on the Cali Leggy and matching cab?
I think I'm pretty close but was interested to see what people have done with the EQ and advanced parameters.

If one was aiming to re-create Steve Vai's modern tone, what settings would you use on the Cali Leggy and matching cab?
I think I'm pretty close but was interested to see what people have done with the EQ and advanced parameters.

I personally don't think you need the Cali Amp and matching Cab for Steve Vai his Tone.

Rather make sure you have his Ibanez style guitar , Delays set right and play his songs with his FEEL....

I have recorded many years ago FTLOG with just a Mesa IIC cranked and Redwirez Bogner cab in 2009 :)

And then recorded this one live during the Axe FX meeting with just a preset created there....around 31:00...

Wow man .. you nailed it :) very impressive playing !! I love that song ..
did you use a sustainer or was it regular pickups .. (looked like EMG)

Thanks and yes, one of my all-time favourite Instrumental songs.
Guitar : Yamaha RGX 1212A , active pickups from yamaha. No sustainer , just the Tubescreamer as boost : drive 0 , level 10 ;)

Cab used was still High Res , NO Ultrares....;)

I think rather that Steve Vai his sound is in his fingers + Ibanez guitar...that Legacy amp is just great endorsement. Vai came once to Holland and played on rented legacy amps...still sounded like himself....

Once people start buying that Legacy amp thinking it will give them the Vai sound.....bummer.....

I've played one, it does have a nice thick and spongy lead tone, and it has this slight "octaver" feel in it, but it's very "generic" in axe.

I personally don't think you need the Cali Amp and matching Cab for Steve Vai his Tone.

Rather make sure you have his Ibanez style guitar , Delays set right and play his songs with his FEEL....

I have recorded many years ago FTLOG with just a Mesa IIC cranked and Redwirez Bogner cab in 2009 :)

And then recorded this one live during the Axe FX meeting with just a preset created there....around 31:00...

These are both great. I learned alot for the video you are building the preset on.

Amazing playing and programming!!!! i would love to have that Vai sound...

Back
Top Bottom