Steve Vai Tone

Rodrigo

hi guys, i tried to make a preset near to Steve Vai sound with a Cali Leggy (Carvin Legacy 1), but dont have a right tone or, at least seem.
please dont say to me something as "the tone are in the fingers", cus im agree, but i played with the Original Vai equipment in his last show in Chile , and sounds with his tone, the amp sound like Vai.

which is the difference with other amps. could be the cabs?? the amp???...thanks...

I HOPE TO CLIFF can HELP ME....THANKS!

that model isn't accurate. Cliff started to remove it but some like it for the tone it does deliver and he left it in, but I'm pretty sure it's agreed upon that it doesn't sound like a Legacy....

yes, doesnt sound like a Legacy. And the new Legacy 3 sound even better. Cliff should to check it :) thanks jlynnb1

hi guys, i tried to make a preset near to Steve Vai sound with a Cali Leggy (Carvin Legacy 1), but dont have a right tone or, at least seem.
please dont say to me something as "the tone are in the fingers", cus im agree, but i played with the Original Vai equipment in his last show in Chile , and sounds with his tone, the amp sound like Vai.

which is the difference with other amps. could be the cabs?? the amp???...thanks...

I HOPE TO CLIFF can HELP ME....THANKS!

Try Bogner XTC.

IIRC the Legacy is based on a XTC. Vai have use Bogner amps before.

Nice clip. The slides without hearing the frets have never been something I can get from Vai's technique. Also, those damn circle bends. Nice work.

we are waiting yet....i tried with bogner xtc (euro blue and red) and works almost a Carvin legacy tone.....but i prefer a mimic of legacy 3 ;)

Back
Top Bottom