Steve Vai Rig Rundown

Interesting he mentions his outboard distortion pedal is placed after the amp (I assume after loop send), and before AxeFx.

Nice to see a renound player like Steve having the AxeFx so central within his gear.

Pedals... "I keep loaning them out..."
Cliff...?? :p

What's the G-Force for? I just sold mine a month ago :mrgreen

Vai: (Axe II in reference to the new CD) I did use it on some stuff
Reb Dirks: but you will be using it live
Vai : Oh thats my rig, thats my whole rig!

I'm not that much into him at all, but since he used the G-Force a lot earlier on, maybe he's using it to recreate some sounds exactly?

Or maybe Matt put it in after the v7 beta for him to get some better reverb... ;)

You know with a company like PG you think that they would have it together when it comes to doing an interview. Watching Rebeca trying to follow Steve or any of her interviewees with the mic is about as annoying as it gets... come on PG get a dam boom mic or wireless system.

I think shes a tool! Granted she is getting better I'd say shes like a an adjustable wrench where before she was more of a hammer.

Lots of great guitars on those walls. UV777GR that would be the green one ?

Who would be Steve Vai, with all of those guitars ?

Lots of great guitars on those walls. UV777GR that would be the green one ?
Yea. Green Universe. The defining characteristic is the maple board with the multi-coloured pyramid inlays. I never. Ever. Ever. Should have sold that guitar. I think that's my only regret in life so far. :)

Back
Top Bottom