Steve Vai Preset

Electric1Gypsy

Inspired
This preset is based off Steve Vai's lead sound off of Passion & Warfare. Using his current amp setup which are the Legacy amps and cabs. I was using a Fender Strat American 1984, I know not and Ibanez or a Universe guitar, but I have Steve Vai's Evolution pickups on the bridge so close enough lol. It was made using firmware 18.03. But I think it is pretty close to his sound especially the lead sound which is on scene 1, scene 2 is based off of Sisters. Sounds great on Answers.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy.

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Steve Vai - by electric1gypsy

In trying to import this into AxeFX II (not XL or XL plus), I cannot-
I do have up-to-date firmware...

I guess if you made this in XL, or XL plus, then this is not compatible with my now "Old" unit :(

You made an XL preset. An XL preset will not load on an old Axe Fx II (this is one of the reasons I sold my Axe Fx II and bought the new Axe Fx II +). There are just too many wonderful gifts shared by too many guitar gods that I could not afford to miss. I

This is the ONE monster I can not do without. Granted, it is expensive to upgrade but I have never been sorry for making the plunge (i.e. Ultra to II to XL +) The Fractal units retain their value and I sold my last unit for an excellent price. That being said, if a 3 or 3 XL or 2 XL + comes out, I will likely save my pennies and save my dimes - the Axe Fx is my 409 (how about that for a Brian Wilson reference!). This is the ONLY company that I have given my hard earned money that has actually exceeded buyer expectation. The dedication is remarkable. The camaraderie is moving. The ideas shared on the Forum stimulate and bring many of my creative fancies to fruition (Frankly, if every US industry adopted a similar work ethic, our economy would never have an issue. Oh shite! Sorry for the quasi political banter! Still, have you ever seen another forum where members rarely complain? Many forums are ruled by bullies and critics who seem to live to complain and to chase away the newbies. Not here. You can almost see the other members cringe when their is a complaint for fear that Cliff will be offended. He is treasured and deservedly so. His unending dedication and demand for excellence is contagious. He makes me better players by giving us a palette of tones that we never had previously. The Axe Fx makes us become better musicians. I guess what I am trying to conclude in this rambling diatribe is that the Axe Fx Rules in whatever form you choose!

Personally I think it is worth the money if you can get a sound that you are happy with. But not only that one thing that I like the most is the amount of versatility the Axe FX units have, plus the ability to share presets. The tone and the way the guitar sounds when you play affects your playing in such and improvising so much it just sparks creativity in my opinion.

I had to tweak a lot of my presets that I have download because I was listening to them through a pair of Sony headphones since I got the Axe FX 2 XL. Now that I have a matrix 1600fx and a matrix FR212 I am having to make small adjustments to the presets because the FR212 seem to add more bass and less treb and mids to the sound. Not a bad thing because it sounds Bad Ass! coming through the FR212 now. A small inconvenience that is definitely worth it. I did think about using the global EQ settings but decided not to because I would rather tweak the preset to my taste and what I hear.

But how did you like the preset lol?

Thank you for sharing your preset.

It was pointing to an User CAB. Which one were you using?

Here is my version of it. I did reset the amp block to upgrade to Q10.01 and made several changes. (I am using a RG550LTD with Gravity Storm)

ps: I have only worked Scene-1

Attachments

• Steve Vai M1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom