Steve Vai Pedal board

Yeah, the fan immediately jumped out. Why didn't I ever think of adding to my board?? Guess that's why he's where he is; and I'm not (oh, and I suppose guitar skill just may have something to do with it, too! LOL)

The one think I learned from Vai that I can do well is keep a fan at the pedal board. Here is mine. It's my number one fan.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10580019_833635056670891_2498814001627768640_n.jpg
    10580019_833635056670891_2498814001627768640_n.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 839
those XP's are interesting... I've had two of those in that past.. both dead now..
I'd have thought he'd have gone for something a bit more up-market / robust

What's the big yellow box directly above the Gemini pedal? It's got what looks like black felt or maybe Velcro covering the writing. Is it just a pedestal for an extra pedal or a power supply? Or is it something secret [emoji2]

Tell you what.. if you removed that Jemini pedal you'd still know it's Vai's pedalboard because of the fan.. no-one uses their fan like Vai does!!

PS, no more bad-horsie Morely wah..??

I dont think hes used a bad horsie for a few years now..

I think the yellow thing is a line driver for the potentially long run back to the amps. Could be wrong, but I think that is it. Other pics show a polytune on top of that, which makes sense (some of these have a split for the tuner). However, Thomas was putting the new polytune clip-on tuner on all of the guitars instead.

I got to play this rig with Steve's band this past week at Vai Academy. Super loud even with earplugs in. The front speakers and the cabs behind envelop you in sound. The Fractal sounded great. I didn't dare try the pedals other than turning the volume up after plugging in. Maybe next time ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom