AFIII Steve Vai - Christmas Time Is Here - guitar cover

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
Every year around the Christmas season, I like to do a recording of one of my favorite songs(I love Christmas music). This year I decided to go way back to one of my favorite guitar covers, Christmas Time Is Here by Steve Vai! This one came out back when I was a teenager in the late 90s while I was at the Atlanta Institute of Music, and I remember just loving Steve's beautiful tone on this song. So I decided to record this a couple weeks back using a preset I made on my Axe-Fx III, and used my Suhr Modern. All the guitar you hear in this recording is me.
Now in light of all the discussions happening right now online with fake guitar content, this is a play through video, not me playing it live. I recorded the guitar into Logic Pro the week before I made this quick play through video.
Let me know what you think and hope you all have a great holiday season!

Thank you! Always loved this song and his tone! I actually used the same preset here that I did on my Satriani Summer Song cover believe it or not(you can find the preset here on the forum).

Every year around the Christmas season, I like to do a recording of one of my favorite songs(I love Christmas music). This year I decided to go way back to one of my favorite guitar covers, Christmas Time Is Here by Steve Vai! This one came out back when I was a teenager in the late 90s while I was at the Atlanta Institute of Music, and I remember just loving Steve's beautiful tone on this song. So I decided to record this a couple weeks back using a preset I made on my Axe-Fx III, and used my Suhr Modern. All the guitar you hear in this recording is me.
Now in light of all the discussions happening right now online with fake guitar content, this is a play through video, not me playing it live. I recorded the guitar into Logic Pro the week before I made this quick play through video.
Let me know what you think and hope you all have a great holiday season!

Awesome!!!!!! Always loved this version

Superb
👍👍Congratulations
Thank you very much!

Sounds great, would you mind share preset or settings?
Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Summer Song Preset I used here https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/joe-satriani-“summer-song”-complete-cover.151535/post-1803232, the only thing I may have done is change the scenes so scene 1 has the Amp gain around 2ish, and scene 2 has the gain at like 5ish for the solo. I may have changed the delay too but I won't be home for like 6 hours to check. I kept my guitar volume around halfway up for the main melody too. I'll attach a pic of the IR's too, they were from Ownhammer

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 4.45.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 4.45.20 PM.png
    359.7 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom