Steve Stevens

Which era?

He is using Friedman Amps with EL34s now so maybe a good starting point. Here is a link on the Friedman Amp page that has an embedded video from a few years ago where Fractal Superstar Extraordinaire @Mark Day interviews Steve Stevens.

https://friedmanamplification.com/heads/ss-100-steve-stevens-signature-head
Great video thanks for sharing, I think allot of his signature sound is in that killer Les Paul with the Lollar pickups and his technique, I'd be interested in seeing a closer look at that rack behind his chair you can see his signal is going through during the video so he probably has something else in the signal path besides that Friedman that's gives him the punchy crisp gain I suspect, like a AX8 maybe? ;)

BE V2 model. Change the preamp type to plexi, into an IR of Greenbacks and V30s. That will get you started on his amp sound anyways.
I thought he was using Bare Knuckle pickups in the Knaggs SSC LP style guitars. He also uses an mid boosted Klon style drive in front of the amp for leads. He seems to use a lot of gain.

Here is another video that shows lots of his pedal and amps settings.

Great interview thanks for posting, really in-depth with great video clarity, really leaves very little unknowns about his live rig back when this was recorded... love all of the toys and the peddle boards.... I especially love his mixing of synths, classical and modulation effects and dont forget that killer ray gun! ;)

This guy needs an axe fx iii!
thanks
pauly
That may be so, and to your response please show me a video of someone of Steves's statuette rolling over the AX8 ability to slay the guitarists gig cuz i sure cant... (oops is this a fxii thread?) no I dont think... but to be fair a fx iii too is invited to the party... ;)

huh?

That may be so, and to your response please show me a video of someone of Steves's statuette rolling over the AX8 ability to slay the guitarists gig cuz i sure cant... (oops is this a fxii thread?) no I dont think... but to be fair a fx iii too is invited to the party... ;)

say what?

Back
Top Bottom