prometh

Power User
LFO1
Depth: 100%
Rate: hooked up to foot controller from 2–30Hz

Synth
Type: Square
Track: Off
Frequency: hooked up to LFO1 from 200–2400Hz (needs further tweaking, but close enough for now)
Filter: 1000Hz
Q: 0.5
Attack: 5ms

Place the synth block before your amp+cab. You could even put it at the start of the chain to get as close to Steve Stevens' sound, as he puts the gun right up to his pickups. You can add a delay after if you want, but it's not required.

Here is Steve doing it live:

@ 3:05

Last edited:
Nice! This is pretty close. Especially to this live video.
I'm still trying to make the synth stand out less, though. In the recordings of Dirty Diana and Rebel Yell the effect blends with the actual guitar sound much better. Is there any way to shape the guitar signal with the synth rather than replacing it?

Is there any way to shape the guitar signal with the synth rather than replacing it?
You could either adjust the synth block's mix parameter, or have a second parallel amp block for the guitar gain and place a mixer block after both amps

have a second parallel amp block for the guitar gain and place a mixer block after both amps

Bingo. That works for me. I also a mix a delay block in there too so it trails off nice smooth like the video version, it ends a bit to abruptly with out it.

An improvement could be to put a pitch block after hooked up to the same foot controller to ramp the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom