Steve Lukather - Sunset Sound Roundtable

Oh, better than any movie! so entertaining, what a great guy is Lukather, down to earth, giving a shit of political correctness, and one of he best musicians of the last decades. Thanks for sharing!

I remember a Toto gig here where during the applause he yelled to the girls, "Show me your tits!" :D

Another time was the last date in their tour, and the crew projected all kinds of fun and sexy stuff about him on the screens. He initially had no idea :D

I embarrassingly don't know much about Toto or Steve other than some of their radio hits, but I just lost an hour and a half watching this. What a great storyteller.
I remember a day in the 80ies, sitting with our countries' best jazz drummer/talent (jazz purist). He said he had visited The Baked Potato in LA recently, and told us, "Steve Lukather... OMG!!!" That was fun to hear, especially from a drummer and jazz purist. I was already a fan and very jealous :oops:

I wish there was more documented of Luke's small gigs back then, as they sound like my favorite period from him — like this one...:

I think there are just two from this gig, and of course old Toto gigs and some "tapes."

Last edited:
And he gives a shout out to Fractal artists Periphery as one of the current bands that is interesting to him. One more very experienced musician liking music made on FAS gear.

Luke is on so much of what I’ve listened to over the years that he may be the most prevalent player in my lifetime. The guy was everywhere. The quality of his output, whether as a guitarist, vocalist, songwriter, and producer is so consistent for such a long time that he’s often taken for granted. Killer, complete, and still relevant musician.

I wish there was more documented of Luke's small gigs back then, as they sound like my favorite period from him — like this one...:

I think there are just two from this gig, and of course old Toto gigs and some "tapes."

I totally agree w/ you ! The Valley Arts "Robot" was his best tone !

Every time I watch a vid of this guy , I love him more. Type of friend you'd want over for the holidays' family dinner when things get tense. Cue Steve: hey what's the hardest thing about being an atheist?....this guy can break the ice with anyone.

we played local support for him I think 20 years ago for one gig, and while we were waiting in our wardrobe for our time to get up on stage the door opened, Steve walked in, said something like "Hi guys, I´m Steve" and started talking to us about what we were doing and about the times with Toto and what he´s doing now, telling funny stories and what not. I was completely paralized, I think I didn´t ask one single question...totally nice down to earth guy, still can´t believe it happened!

I remember watching the VIP pass crowd watching Toto sound check at their Chelsea show in 2019. At the end of their sound check Lukather asked the crowd if there was any questions.

A lady walked up to the stage and asked Luke if he had any tips for her grandson who was learning guitar. He replied "learning guitar is like having sex, it's painful at first but the more you practice the easier it gets". It was hilarious

Back
Top Bottom