Steve Lukather Soldano X88R preset

Bright Caps are one of the easiest and quickest things to mod in a real amp with getting good and functioning results. I know a few people from back in the day who changed Bright Caps in their Soldanos. since we're talking about one of the first X88 pres, it's not even clear what value exactly was used...
Check that out: on Premiere guitar, his rig rundown!!

Impressive work and effort. Thank you. I must admit though that Lukather's sound and playing in the Paris concert and Little Wing in particular is my least favorite version of Lukather through the years. I much prefer the late seventies and early eighties.

uff man i love the luke tone in the Paris 1990 concert.

Here you go.

Ok checked it out. Thank you for the post.
Looks like they are multi-delays. FX8 can only handle one. So I pulled apart the pan delay and used the setting in a duel delay.
I had to tweek setting in both patches they did not jive with my ear and probably because they are not part of the whole preset. I based this on the youtube "Steve Lukather sound of the 90s". I tried to uses his setting then come to find out what he is playing and showing are totally different.o_O. I am getting close..

Ok checked it out. Thank you for the post.
Looks like they are multi-delays. FX8 can only handle one. So I pulled apart the pan delay and used the setting in a duel delay.
I had to tweek setting in both patches they did not jive with my ear and probably because they are not part of the whole preset. I based this on the youtube "Steve Lukather sound of the 90s". I tried to uses his setting then come to find out what he is playing and showing are totally different.o_O. I am getting close..

this guy have a pretty good Steve Lukather preset for sale

Yes that was what I was referencing on youtube. I have the FX8 preset wont work. Funny thing is Steve says he is using the stock settings PCM70 back in the day, but he was or may still be running 3 cabinets.

Yes that was what I was referencing on youtube. I have the FX8 preset wont work. Funny thing is Steve says he is using the stock settings PCM70 back in the day, but he was or may still be running 3 cabinets.
well also the mark day guitar 80`s preset is good for the lukather 90`s tone.

Yeah ..., the clip w/ 42% sounded the closest to me as well .... I'm guessing that it's probably possible to get it exact, but you'd have to be able to set the parameter in 100ths of a second intervals .... o_O

Back
Top Bottom