Steve Lukather session with Multi Delay (Chorus mode)

Nice, but I must show you this. This guy gets so close to Luke's tone I don't think I can find anything to criticize. It might give you some ideas.

I know very well Andrea's Luke patch.
My intention is to show the multidelay chorus mode in one of my typical sound made by Euro Blu Modern amp
I use this patch in my Toto Tribute and I prefer the last Luke sound made by Bogner.

Yeah, Luke's tone has changed a lot over the years. Between yours (modern) and the one I posted, (classic), that covers most of the tones he's used. It's pretty near the whole Lukather tone library.

I personally prefer his 80s/90s tone. It's so over the top!

Nice, but I must show you this. This guy gets so close to Luke's tone I don't think I can find anything to criticize. It might give you some ideas.

Am I missing something? He shows the PEQ settings several times but as far as I can see, the gain on everything is 0... So the PEQ is doing nothing as far as I can tell. Or maybe it's just high/low cut on bands 1+5?

I know very well Andrea's Luke patch.
My intention is to show the multidelay chorus mode in one of my typical sound made by Euro Blu Modern amp
I use this patch in my Toto Tribute and I prefer the last Luke sound made by Bogner.
Hi! Can you please share that patch on while my guitar gently weeps? I love your playing man on that YouTube clip.
Thanks
Tommy

I have bought presets from Andrea & Marco,that Andrea presets is good but Marco know how to make awesome presets,also on this video Marco is not trying to copy Lukather 80/90 sound.

Well of course they sound great. I just wanna buy the right preset. And maybe get som info what to think of when tweaking it for my Brian Moore Custom USA. H/S/H :)

I started with Andrea's preset and have spent some time readjusting things to my tastes. I switched the amp model to IIC+ and I really do think it's a better model as well as being more accurate to what Luke uses. And then I started playing around with a bunch of things including adding an 11 band EQ block later down the chain to readjust the entire sound to be less midrangey. I know that midrangey cuts better in a mix but for playing alone at home I want a fuller spectrum of sound. I also backed down the level of the effects a bit to get a slightly dryer sound.

I find that this keeps happening: I start out with a tone that's drenched in reverb, delay, chorus, and maybe other effects, and as time goes on and I play with it more, I end up backing the effects levels off. I like them there, but like salt, you don't want it to dominate what you're playing with.

There's always a balance between warmth and clarity. The balance point can change according to your mood.

Yea! That sounds like a good way ... I'm new into this Ax-8 and wanted something fast that sounded like Luke...But the sounds are too messy and and I'm not there yet when it comes to understand the item...;-)

I have a Toto tribute band and I use my presets with this tribute.
It is pretty different to create a sound for record and for live gig.
My presete are made also for live gig so I have to consider the proper amount of ambient effects and equalization.
I know many guitar players like a lot the presets for this and that Guitar Heroes but I prefer to take care about the real usability.
The presets is not only one sound but it is a complete session of scenes: clean, clean+chorus+ delay, crunch dry, crunch+delay, lead + delay and so on :)

Back
Top Bottom