Steve Jobs died...

this is very sad news. i am one of many who will forever be grateful for his contribution to our lives.

utterly creative and genius mind. totally changed the modern world as we know it - about as much as fractal have changed the face of modern guitar. rip steve :(

I remember thinking he was another one-shot wonder after he left Apple and started Next. He then came back and made Apple one of the most admired companies in the world. Most tech companies want to be Apple but they don't have the vision, intuition, style or smarts that Jobs brought to the table.

Reactions: jon
his visionary genius may never again be matched. appropriately, I even feel his presence lurking in this inanimate object known as the ipad2, with which i've composed this message.

I remember thinking he was another one-shot wonder after he left Apple and started Next.

What often gets passed over is the fact that while he was starting NeXt, Jobs also started Pixar, by buying the graphics group from George Lucas's ILM and teaming up with John Lasseter and Ed Catmull.

This $10M purchase led to Pixar being the most profitable movie production house of the last 20 years with 11 consecutive hit movies. It would be fair to say it is also among the most critically acclaimed with 26 Oscars and Cars 2 being the only film in its portfolio to not possess a "Top" rating on MetaCritic.

Jobs was a vital component of the success of Pixar, as he understood the importance of marrying the human element to technology. For all his other accomplishments, this is what I will personally hold as most special about his life.

I wondered why the iPhone event felt lacking in excitement yesterday... Now I know why... A very sad day.. He was a creative genius. Very fitting that I, as well write this on an ipad2... R.I.P. Steve.

Wow.

I never believed the rumors. Jobs was unique and visionary. His legacy is unmistakable.
Although too short, it seems he lived what he loved. I should hold that as an example.

Last edited:
It is a truly indiscriminate and shit disease and yes, way too young to go. The band I'm in plays to raise money for Cancer Research in the UK and the one thing I've come to realise in the 4 years I've been playing with them is that when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. Cancer doesn't discriminate between rich, poor, young, old etc etc.

RIP Steve.

:-(

My dad died from pancreatic cancer. Diagnosis to death was 5 weeks! I am glad he went as quick as he did. Its a ugly disease....

RIP Steve
"We're here to put a dent in the universe."

Last edited:
Upon hearing this news I cant help but make this comparison Steve Jobs revolutionized the computer world just like Cliff is revolutionizing the guitar world
Thank you to both these innovators.

Back
Top Bottom