Stereo rig sending separate effects to L and R

Karl.Hungus

Hey all,

I recently got the FX8 and am still adjusting to all the settings and possibilities. I am normally running through a Mesa Boogie JP2C for gigs so I can control the channels through midi.

I was toying with running a stereo rig because I have a quilter tone block that I use for practice. What I would like to do is send a drive + effects to to the quilter amp and run the rest of the effects to the Mesa using channel switching in that amp.

I haven’t been able to figure it out thus far. I’ve tried skipping the effects loop on the quilter and panning just the drive block to L or R but it doesn’t run the rest of the effects through both. I am thinking it’s going to take the 7CM and adjusting the I/O settings to make sure it’s all in stereo. Anyone ever tried this?? Any suggestions??

Basically using L channel to send a distortion/drive from the fractal + stereo effects to one amp and sending just stereo effects, no drive, and utilizing the amp’s overdriven channels on the R channel. Essentially would get 2 different overdrive tones from the L and R.

Back
Top Bottom