• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Stereo reverb blocks

stereotactic

Experienced
It is my wish that the reverb blocks be capable of true stereo inputs as the Axe is capable of dramatic stereo effects and some of us use more than one reverb at a time. The current reverb blocks sum the L and R inputs and I would like to preserve my carefully crafted dual amp patches and stereo effect images all the way to output.

I know this would mean increased CPU usage, but I would rather have the choice of allocating CPU capacity for higher fidelity with less blocks available.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Stereo imaging is not effected. The L/R summation is only into the reverb engine itself. The dry signal is unaffected.

stereotactic

Experienced
Sorry if this has been explained before, and think I understand, but doesn't that still mean that if the wet reverb sound is generated from a summed input, then the stereo image of the reverb is derived only from the reverb processing? And wouldn't that then make the combined wet/dry reverb sound more mono than what was input? This has been my experience with all previous summed input reverbs, it tends to muddy up the stereo image that has gone in, and the reverb becomes harder to work with, especially at higher wet percentages.

I have noticed that I get better, clearer results using true stereo input reverbs, and that I can use more of the reverb, more often without having to spend a lot of time adjusting parameters. I'm no expert, please feel free to correct any misconceptions I might have, thanks!

flying_walrus

Experienced
I have noticed that I get better, clearer results using true stereo input reverbs, and that I can use more of the reverb, more often without having to spend a lot of time adjusting parameters. I'm no expert, please feel free to correct any misconceptions I might have, thanks!
yes, "true" stereo reverb sounds empirically better than this approach... but I can only hear the difference through headphones. for live situations, the summed reverb in the fractal devices is more than adequate, and for recordings I can use the true stereo plugin in my DAW.

stereotactic

Experienced
Can you use the 2nd Reverb block?
Hi Chris, yes, but currently I am using both blocks set up as two mono reverbs with identical settings. They sound great set on concert hall with a fairly short decay time, but in my big rig I also have a small/medium size room verb too. When you combine these two verbs you get very big sound with sustain for the overtones coming from the hall, and a denser, more impactful sound from the room verb. Both of my verbs are true stereo. With my big rig, the 2 reverb returns are 100% wet and I had a "dry" L and R reverb input pair to focus and pull the image

Top Bottom