Stereo Reamping with Axe 3?

LeisureMuffin

I have a stereo guitar DI going to the axe and back via USB, and if I only have the input and output blocks, it remains in stereo. But when I add and amp, cab etc, it combines to mono. How do I reamp via USB in stereo?

I have a stereo guitar DI going to the axe and back via USB, and if I only have the input and output blocks, it remains in stereo. But when I add and amp, cab etc, it combines to mono. How do I reamp via USB in stereo?
amps are mono just like a real amp. a single cab block can be stereo.

you'll have to add 2 amp blocks, panned.

Tried that, but both left and right are coming in on one stereo input block, and using 2 amps panned doesn't split it, it only goes to the left side

Tried that, but both left and right are coming in on one stereo input block, and using 2 amps panned doesn't split it, it only goes to the left side
have you changed the Amp Input Left vs Right in the Amp block? there's a pan as well as an Input Select there.

are you certain the physical input you're using is set to Stereo in the Setup menu on the front panel?

A stereo cab block can work for this.

Amp blocks need to be balanced left/right. Cab block input mode should be "stereo". Cab slots 1 & 3 will use the left input signal; 2 & 4 use the right signal. There's a pan setting for each slot so verify 1 & 3 are panned fully left, 2 & 4 fully right.

I got it working, for some reason I can't use 1 stereo cab, I had to use 2 separate ones, also panned left and right. Thanks!
hmm, you definitely can use a single cab block. be sure the Input mode there is set to Stereo as well. you'll see L and R appear above the Cab slots.

but either way works!

Back
Top Bottom