Stereo preset help

Home Skillet

Inspired
Hey y'all, I want to try out a stereo patch mainly mixing together 2 amps with stereo reverb/delays. What's the best way to approach this? I basically want both amps blended together but utilize stereo delay. What I don't want is having 1 amp on the left and the other on the right channel. I hope that makes sense. I tried panning the cab blocks hard left and hard right but it sounds like I'm getting phase cancellation. I attached a screenshot of what I think might work in terms of a stereo preset, not sure if I'm doing it right. Also, would I need to do anything differently in my I/O audio tab? Right now I have it set to Copy Out1 to Out2.
Amp Sandwich .jpg

anything that runs into the amp block becomes mono, i believe. so yes, you should put your Delay block after your amp if you want it to sound in stereo.

what's the mixer block for?

do you need to use 2 cab blocks? do you want 2 different cabs? you could just use a single cab block with only 1 cab (Mono), or you could use the Stereo option in the single cab block. i think then you'd pan the amps, not the cab (as the cabs would already be panned using the Stereo option).

Would you be better inserting the delay block after the amp and cab blocks?
anything that runs into the amp block becomes mono, i believe. so yes, you should put your Delay block after your amp if you want it to sound in stereo.
I was experimenting with putting the delays/reverb before the amp for different tones. I didn't know it becomes mono after the amp, but it makes sense now that I think of it.
what's the mixer block for?

do you need to use 2 cab blocks? do you want 2 different cabs? you could just use a single cab block with only 1 cab (Mono), or you could use the Stereo option in the single cab block. i think then you'd pan the amps, not the cab (as the cabs would already be panned using the Stereo option).
Mixer block, I was trying to adjust the levels because it sounded out of phase. I don't have to use 2 different cab blocks, I was just trying to mix 2 types of amp setups, 1 for chime and 1 for crunch.

Amp Sandwich 2.jpg
I'm making progress but I feel the delay should stand out more. Should I keep the blocks in series when going stereo?

Maybe the delays get lost a bit in the reverb you add? You might try running the reverb block parallel to the delay block (put it below the multidelay block).

Back
Top Bottom