Stereo out to PA question

exleper

Inspired
When I play out, I use the Left/Mono XLR on Output 1 to go to the club's PA. Some places use that, and also mic my cab so I essentially have a stereo mix. What I would like to do is, instead of letting them mic my cab, setup a second cab block in the Axe-FX and have it go out the Output 1 RIGHT XLR. I would like to do this without messing with the tone of my normal Left/Mono setup because not all places give me 2 lines. I tried adding a second cab and splitting the signal at the end of the chain. I set the balance to all left on my original cab, and all right on the new cab. This doesn't sound right so there must be a better way to do this. I will attach a pic of what I am doing.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Stereo-Out.jpg
    Stereo-Out.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 37
What is your Output mode in the I/O control panel? Stereo? Sum L+R?

Technically, there is no Left/Mono output. It depends on the mode setting.

When they also mic your cab, are they panning full left and right on the mixer?

What doesn't sound right when you tried?

What is your Output mode in the I/O control panel? Stereo? Sum L+R?

I just checked and it's set to: Output 1 Mode Stereo, Boost/Pad 0, Phase Normal

Technically, there is no Left/Mono output. It depends on the mode setting.

When they also mic your cab, are they panning full left and right on the mixer?

Yes. Our main sound man said it sounds more full when he can have the 2 different tones.

What doesn't sound right when you tried?

Ok, I take that back, I had the bypass mode on thru, not mute when I was comparing. My bad.

So, do you think this the proper way to do what I want or is there a better way? I am curious how you pros do it.

Thanks for the advice.

Do you have one cab input selected Left and the other Right , not L+R or Stereo ?

Do you have one cab input selected Left and the other Right , not L+R or Stereo ?

Under the Room page of the cab block, I have the input select set to Stereo. Is this wrong? Looking at my patch (orig post), is this incorrect?

When I first replied to Chris, my answers were in line for the questions he asked. So in the quoted text. You may not have seen them. Sorry.

I would just use a stereo cab block and leave the axe output set to Stereo. Just send the Left XLR like normal in mono setups, add the Right XLR for stereo.

If you use 2 cab blocks , technically IIRC , they should be selected L for one R for the other , but, as Chris said a stereo single cab block should work fine .

For some reason I never knew about the Stereo UR cab setting. Wow this is cool. I think that's the way to go. Now I can link it to my global cab and have it magically just work they way I hoped.

Thanks for all feedback.

Back
Top Bottom