stereo or mono

yves vanmeenen

Inspired
Hi,
Just received my new axe fx 2 XL..... jihaaaa

Next step is to hook it up to a matrix GT1000FX and my 1960A cab.
Question : what is the best way to hook it up : stereo or mono?

Do you loose anything when hooking up mono? should you configure the axe in a particular way if you choose stereo or mono

tkx
Yves

ok you sound very convinced :). thankx for the reply
Reason for thinking about mono is that my Marshall 1960A cab in stereo can only handle 8 ohm and the matrix GT1000FX delivers 325 watt at this impedance...and the cab says only 150 watt allowed.
Than again they say that under normal conditions no problem, you want blow up your cab...your ears will be first :)..that is why I was still thinking about mono because then the impedence is 16 ohm and 150watt ....

You're very welcome!
I've played a stereo rig ever since I got my 1st axe fx, and I'd never go back - it does sound better with 2 separate cabs as well......

If you play out at any venues that have mono FOH, just make sure your presets play well when summed to mono.

And it's pronounced "YEEEEEhawwwwww".

lol

Be sure to set your input to left only (instrument input), unless you have a stereo guitar.

"listen very carefully I will say this only once" (wonder if you guys get that one, might be an European insider) ), phonetically written , and this is how you write in Flemish, ......it is definitely "jihaaaa".... even in places, where names do not start with vanSomething. :) , LOL...
Anyhow I remember best way to go is stereo and I won't blow up[ my cab...before my ears.

and of the record the axe is an axe...love it!!!

If you play out at any venues that have mono FOH, just make sure your presets play well when summed to mono.

Or just use one output and make sure that sounds good. That is sometime easier than trying to keep mono compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom