Stereo input ?

shsesc

I have a semi hollow electric guitar with a piezo bridge the outputs on the ring of a TRS jack the magnetic pickups output on the tip, is there a way to have separate paths in a patch for each signal. The guitar has a switch to select either or both signals and I'd like to be able to switch tones without changing anything on the Axe FX II XL+. Is the front panel input stereo, is there a stereo input somewhere else or do I need to use a stereo split cable? I see stereo as an option in the I/O menu, but can't get the right meter to show input.

I tried following this...
a youtube video by KKM music
and still couldn't get anything out of the piezo.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Joe
edited to remove link

Thanks for the fast response. What is the difference between the front and rear input 1? I heard reference to some secret sauce in another thread and I was wondering what it is. I currently have a splitting cable long enough for studio use so that works fine when connected to the rear inputs right now, but am I missing anything by not using the front input?

Welcome shsesc. I am not sure what the "secret sauce" is, but to my ears, the front input does sound warmer. A lot of users do use the rear input and are fine with that. I suggest you plug into the front input and listen to your guitar, and then try the rear input and see if you can hear any difference. Use the one that works best for you. Again, welcome!

Great thread! Does anyone else find that the tuner does not work when using the rear input and setting to stereo? I've got around tjis by setting to 'sum l & r'. The tuner now works with the rear input now and I can't hear any diffence to the sound. I'm guessing that the stereo setting is only needed if you are playing two guitars simultaneously and need two dedicated signal paths (I'm just exploring the method to do away with my switcher)?

Back
Top Bottom