1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Stereo Help: Slave amp only playing Wet signal

Discussion in 'FX8 Discussion' started by SonVolt, Apr 15, 2018.

1. SonVolt

SonVolt
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I'm trying a stereo setup with my FX8 using a JCM 800 and a Mesa Mark IV. I'm using the Mark IV as a slave power amp only. I'm using the normal 4CM with my JCM 800 using the FX8 in its loop, but sending the FX8's OUT 2 Post Right to the Mark IV's Loop Return. Nothing else is plugged into the Mark IV at all except the speaker cab. The JCM 800 is doing as expected, but the Mark IV isn't getting the Dry signal. The only way i can get sound out of the Mark IV is by selecting Ping Pong delay, and only then do I get the delay repeats. Nothing else.

Any idea what's going on? I thought I'd get both wet and dry signal through the slave amp.

2. SonVolt

SonVolt
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Update: in the Global IO settings I changed "Input 2 (post) Mode" to "Left Only" (it was previously set to "Stereo"). Now I seem to be getting dry and wet through the slave amp. Is it supposed to be set to Left Only? I'm confused...

3. GhostElectric

GhostElectric
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Correct! "Stereo" IO will expect a stereo input. You would use that if you wanted to run the send from your other amp and utilize it's preamp section. "Left Only" will keep the chain mono until the final out stage, so running your chain the way you described will require just one preamp. I've found that to be highly superior.

SonVolt and schrismer like this.
  4. #4 SonVolt, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    SonVolt

SonVolt
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

It makes a lot more sense now. Thank you!

Btw - there's no way to change these IO settings per preset is there? I'd be nice to use both preamps occasionally without having to go into the Global settings and change everything around manually.