AFIII Stereo Harmonic Tremolo

I'm revisiting this one because I own a Twilighter Stereo, the one with the magic Stereo Pitch Shifting Vibrato. Ted sent me one on the proviso that I demo his entire range. That didn't eventuate because Covid had its way but I'm looking forward to doing it someday. Anyway, I've got the big daddy amp and it's a jaw-dropping sound. Something special to be in the room with. I've made a few videos featuring it over the last year or so (see link below). The closest I can get with the Axe-FX III (so far) is here in this preset (thank you for the inspiration, Ian!). Use a Tele or something with singles. I'll keep working on it but it's a tough one!

Can't imagine how good that sounds in the room. Sounds outstanding on the studio monitors. Actually took me aback a little when you kicked it over at that minute or so mark.

Man, that sounds so good! Thank you for the effect too!

Without diving into the whole stereo live thing, I really enjoy playing in stereo around the house. I grabbed one of those little stereo Swarts a little while back so my kids could hear me play and practice- and boy does it sound huge! Wide as a bus.
The TV Jones baritone doesn't hurt either!
Man, that is some gorgeous hardware you have there. I've always lusted after a TV Jones axe and I'll bet that Swart is beautiful too. Ace!

I'm revisiting this one because I own a Twilighter Stereo, the one with the magic Stereo Pitch Shifting Vibrato. Ted sent me one on the proviso that I demo his entire range. That didn't eventuate because Covid had its way but I'm looking forward to doing it someday. Anyway, I've got the big daddy amp and it's a jaw-dropping sound. Something special to be in the room with. I've made a few videos featuring it over the last year or so (see link below). The closest I can get with the Axe-FX III (so far) is here in this preset (thank you for the inspiration, Ian!). Use a Tele or something with singles. I'll keep working on it but it's a tough one!

SO ....... this combo sounds freaking AMAZING!!!! Thanks for adding to my ever growing Gear GAS!!! I am going to have to look for one of these amps and "possibly" a baritone!

I put up a vid and revised preset if anyone's interested.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8870

Matt, I didn't have a chance to pull that amp out today and record the stems. It's on the to-do for tomorrow.

This sounds really nice but the phaser feels almost heavy handed to me in comparison to your recorded clip of the amp. Did you try it with the trem block running in Harmonic Trem mode? It's phasey but not quite as phasey.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 8.58.57 AM.png

@Burgs I loooooove the sounds in this preset. The amps are just super sweet with my Silver Sky. Perfect. Very inspiring tones.

I did two quick clips using the Harmonic Tremolo instead of the Uni-Vibe block. It's very, very nice. Less chewy. More...uh...I don't, harmoic-y? :D

Here's the scene 1 JTM45 sounds:

https://mostlywrong.net/audio/2021-05-04-twilight-stereo-001.mp3

And here's the scene 5 ambient Archon sounds (used the looper to do the overdub):

https://mostlywrong.net/audio/2021-05-04-twilight-stereo-002.mp3

Thank you for sharing that preset!

Back
Top Bottom