Stereo Enhancer, is it really needed?

There is no harm and please don't misunderstand me. You original post made it seem like you're unsure about trying it and I was just saying try it and see what happens. There's no harm in trying it and if you can't get what you want, by all means ask questions.
all clarified dude, NW!!

Are you guys using the Stereo Enhancer live? I've been using it in my in ears and it sounds great, but I'm wondering how it will translate to the PA.

BTW, I have 2 FRFR wedges so I always use the Enhancer block. It's my most basic effect even before reverb or delay.

That said, sometimes it's cool to not use it, to give contrast. Play a few bars with it off then kick it in to make things explode, so to speak.

BTW, I have 2 FRFR wedges so I always use the Enhancer block. It's my most basic effect even before reverb or delay.

That said, sometimes it's cool to not use it, to give contrast. Play a few bars with it off then kick it in to make things explode, so to speak.

Playing an opening riff in mono before engaging the enhancer is basically release-the-kraken in audio form.

Are you guys using the Stereo Enhancer live? I've been using it in my in ears and it sounds great, but I'm wondering how it will translate to the PA.
I have just set it up for a show I have on March 2nd. I have tried it a few times in the PA during rehearsal and it sounds good. Still trying to figure out how to get only one channel into my monitor on the board. Currently sending both left and right to the monitor mix and then summing to mono which does not sound good. Will let you know how it works out after the show.

Been testing it and doesn’t make an appreciable difference (on headphones) in my preset
Which mode are you trying? Modern, classic, or stereoizer. I like classic myself. Makes a big difference on the PA. Haven't tried with headphones.

ƒFrom the manual

Modern Enhancer relies on frequency-based separation of left and right channels to create a widening effect. In comparison to the Classic Enhancer, it does not introduce the risk of phase issues when the signal is later summed to mono, and therefore poses less of a risk for use in presets..
ƒƒ
Classic Enhancer delays the right channel by a very small amount to increase the apparent stereo separation between the left and right channels. It also provides individual left and right phase and pan controls. You can use these with or without Width settings as a “channel converter” to reduce width, merge to mono, switch L/R channels, or perform other types of manipulation.
ƒƒ
Stereoizer uses multiple high-order filters to create an enhanced stereo image.

I've always used it, usually on Classic. Tried modern today with the width at 100%. Kinda cool actually..............

Back
Top Bottom