Implemented Stereo Delay Option for all Delays

AZG

Experienced
On the Axe-Fx II and AX8, normally mono delays could be easily switched to stereo if wanted. For some reason that was removed in the III. I know I can pretty easily add two delay blocks in parallel to get the same effect with even more control. But many times I just want a quick and easy stereo version of a normally mono delay with the same controls as the true stereo delays. I would love to see some version of the stereo delay option from the AxeII/AX8 days added back into the III.

Which particular ones? All the ones specifically labeled as Mono have a Stereo variation already:

9D8860A9-7A03-4EA8-A358-CF4961C3E47A.jpeg

2290 and Deluxe Mind Guy.
Ummm... The 2290 is a stereo delay. Kinda the whole point of that model.

I think the Deluxe Mind Guy can be done in stereo by using the Analog Stereo and adjusting the modulation settings and maybe a couple other settings like EQ.

If the Axe III is like the Axe II, "2290 w/ Mod" type actually uses mono config, summing L & R at input.

The lack of a "config" parameter (which might still be adjustable via SysEx) makes certain things more time-consuming on the III, but you can get the same results. For example, on the II a true stereo or dual delay with the same mod/EQ as 2290 type requires selecting 2290 type then switching config. On the III you'd have to note the 2290 mod & EQ settings, select another type that uses stereo config, then manually adjust mod/EQ.

Reactions: Rex
As I stated in the OP, I know I can do what I want with two delays in parallel. I just miss the convenience of having the option to easily change a mono Memory Man into a stereo MM in a single block.

I think for most people the attraction was the emulation of the old DMM, which typically was used in front of an amp. The stereo MM and other variations seem much less coveted, it’s all about the original big box style, which of course was mono

same with the TC, unique dual mono delay, which sets it apart from all the stereo delay boxes on the market. Dual out of phase nature is the point and you can have a dual stereo out of phase setup so it seems it needs to work the way it does or what’s the point?

As I stated in the OP, I know I can do what I want with two delays in parallel. I just miss the convenience of having the option to easily change a mono Memory Man into a stereo MM in a single block.
Nobody has suggested using 2 delays...

I remember there were some complaints in the beginning with the Axe Fx III regarding the lack of the Config option.

Cliff answered... It was an intentional decision so I don't think that will come back.

Back
Top Bottom