stereo and the 2290 delay question

randombastage

Experienced
I'm using the FX-8 in 4CM sometimes in a stereo rig and sometimes in a mono rig. I don't seem to understand the I/O like I thought...or maybe it's just the 2290 that I don't understand.

Using L+R Sum the delay repeats disappear but using Copy L to R is problematic with other delays like PingPong.

My instincts tell me to not miss any sounds the L+R Sum is the way to go generally speaking but something needs to be changed when using the default 2290 delay. Echo Pan seems to bring the repeats out. Are they being cancelled out panning up the middle?

What do you guys who know this stuff do running 4CM in a simple mono effect loop amp rig?

the 2290 is a phase delay, so yes using sum L+R it nocks its self out! I would just run stereo all the time and if mono just connect the left output, you will loose the pingpongs but that is a stereo effect, so it wont work well any ways. just build patches for stereo or mono with the corespondeing delay type.

the 2290 is a phase delay, so yes using sum L+R it nocks its self out! I would just run stereo all the time and if mono just connect the left output, you will loose the pingpongs but that is a stereo effect, so it wont work well any ways. just build patches for stereo or mono with the corespondeing delay type.

Thanks! Right now I'm trying the 2290 with it's echo pan parameter set hard L and it seems to be good that way using the Sum setting in the IO Audio menu.

As far as using Stereo in there instead of Sum, aren't there a lot of effects that will default to a left right mix that will need attention if I'm in Stereo versus using the Sum feature? Or is there just as much 'attention needed' due to lots of phase cancellation in the effects if I use Sum?

Back
Top Bottom