Stereo amp question?

modman

Hello, hopefully a simple answer?

Im running two amp blocks into a single cab block. Both amps have their inputs set to Left and Right respectively. Each amp block has its balance panned L/R as well. The cab block has its input set to stereo - i'm using 2 cab IR's, one panned left, one panned right. The cab blocks balance is still set Centre.

How do i hear only the single amp at a time coming through its respective speaker? When i mute the Left Cab IR i hear the Right AMP but the meters on Output 1 still show stereo output.

Is there a way to only hear the right speaker when the Left Amp or Cab is muted and vice versa?

Probably a noob question but it has me stumped? I find it hard to EQ and balance each amp.

Thanks

If I understand what you’re saying correctly, you should be able to hear only one of the amps by changing the balance on the cab block. Set it hard left, you’ll only hear left, set it hard right, you’ll only hear right. I notice you said that’s still centered so unless you’ve already tried and it didn’t work, I’d suggest that next.

Hopefully that helps!

Is there a way to only hear the right speaker when the Left Amp or Cab is muted and vice versa?

which IR slots are you using? if you look at the cab block stereo diagram it has slot 1 and 3 on the left channel and 2 and 4 on the right channel, maybe need to send each amp though its own channel

Yeah, DLC86's right about room #. Make sure that "Room Level" in Room/Air tab is set to 0, otherwise some of left signal will bleed into right and vice-versa.

Back
Top Bottom