Closed Stereo amp blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfilippo

I think it would be cool if you could maintain a stereo image for stereo effects in front of the amp block. I believe the Strymon Iridium can do this. I like certain effects like delay and modulation in front of the amp but I also love stereo.

I think it would be cool if you could maintain a stereo image for stereo effects in front of the amp block. I believe the Strymon Iridium can do this. I like certain effects like delay and modulation in front of the amp but I also love stereo.

Can you set up 2 amps parallel and route the effect output left to amp1 and effect output right to amp2?

yes, you can put two amp blocks in parallel. you need to set the "input select" parameter on one to "left" and "right" on the other. if they have their own cab blocks, they need to be panned, or use a stereo cab block, pan the cabs and pan the amps.

ah, sorry didn't spot that. no dice then. amps are mono and forever will be...just like the real thing.

put whatever fx in front of the amp you like and then stereo-ise it after the cab block with some tasty delays, or a fruity plex reverb

This would be a nice idea for the AxeFX III. No, it's not how a tube amp works, but, "not being constrained by the limitations of a tube amp" is kinda the whole point of digital modeling :). It would be better than a pair of mono amp blocks because a single set of parameters would control both sides of the stereo amp. It wouldn't be for everybody, but there are cases where it would be handy.

+1

While I like to encourage wish list wishers to dream big, I'm going to close this conversation on the grounds that it is not a reasonable request for the FM3. We prioritize QUALITY over QUANTITY and specifically made the decision to allow a single high-performance amp block on this product.

On the Axe-Fx III, you can copy/paste an amp and set two blocks up for processing in stereo. Synchronizing changes is easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom