Stereo 8-stage phaser..... holy crap

Yeah, that's a killer phaser. Set it to 6 stage and you've got a Mutron Bi-Phase. For the double-phaser of the original, set it to 12-stage with LFO Phase at 0. Another fun phaser trick is to set DEPTH to 0 and assign the Frequency Start to an expression pedal. Try it!

Yeah, that's a killer phaser. Set it to 6 stage and you've got a Mutron Bi-Phase. For the double-phaser of the original, set it to 12-stage with LFO Phase at 0. Another fun phaser trick is to set DEPTH to 0 and assign the Frequency Start to an expression pedal. Try it!
Or attach it to the envelope. I use it that way to get the really unique guitar sound in the Peaches En Regalia solo. I don't know how he originally got it, but I don't think it's an envelope filter.

Would you mind posting your settings please? I have been fighting trying to emulate one and just can’t get the pronounced swirl. Thanks!

Sure! Let me know how it sounds for you. The real one adds some hiss which I also replicated with a synth block so I couldn't tell the difference. I might revisit the real pedal when I have the time to see if I can hear something that's missing.

EHX Small stone phaser (V2)

Type: Stereo 8-Stage
Rate: 0.149 - 10.000 hz (the real one actually goes beyond this)
Depth: 8.7
Feedback/tap: 0
Order: 4
LFO type: Sine
LFO phase: 0
Frequency start: 50.2 hz
Frequency span: 5.39
Mix: 50 %

Last edited:
M@tt

Any chance you can whip up a Maestro PS1-a Phase Shifter?

Also, I recently got a used Virus KB and downloaded your patches from 2004 or so. Even back then you were a master of patch creation. Loaded two banks into A and B.

Sure! Let me know how it sounds for you. The real one adds some hiss which I also replicated with a synth block so I couldn't tell the difference. I might revisit the real pedal when I have the time to see if I can hear something that's missing.

EHX Small stone phaser (V2)

Type: Stereo 8-Stage
Rate: 0.149 - 10.000 hz (the real one actually goes beyond this)
Depth: 8.7
Feedback/tap: 0
Order: 4
LFO type: Sine
LFO phase: 0
Frequency start: 50.2 hz
Frequency span: 5.39
Mix: 50 %

Thanks! I will try these and report back!

Back
Top Bottom