(step-by-step tutorial) cheap 45$ Midi bluetooth footswitch for Axe-Fx III FM9 FM3 (Cuvave M-Vave Chocolate)

Maybe you should test the Hotone FS-1. The Chocolate with TRS cable I think would not work with all options like the Blueetoth midi connection.
I use a Hotone FS-1 to increase and decrease presets, and tuner. It’s connected to the FM3 through a TRS cable.

I didn’t mean to connect the chocolate to the FM3 through a TRS cable. I meant to connect chocolate 2 in the chocolate 1 through their TRS jack.

Any suggestions as to how to assign expression pedal connected to M Vave? Thx!

P.S. Managed to get one connected and recognised in "midi learn" but not sure how to switch the polarity - the expression pedal connected to M Vave works in reverse.Update: changing modifier parameter range controls Min and Max does it. Not sure if that's the best way of doing it though..

Last edited:
Any suggestions as to how to assign expression pedal connected to M Vave? Thx!

P.S. Managed to get one connected and recognised in "midi learn" but not sure how to switch the polarity - the expression pedal connected to M Vave works in reverse.Update: changing modifier parameter range controls Min and Max does it. Not sure if that's the best way of doing it though..
I did not tested any expression pedal with mvave yet.

Really cheap alternative that works great. Follow these instructions step by step.

1-You will need both the footswitch and the bluetooth midi receiver. You can find it on Aliexpress. Remember to charge both before starting.

View attachment 108391

Risking a bit of a thread hijack here. I have one of the Yamaha BT midi receivers that looks just like the unit you show above, using the midi OUT port to supply power to the device. That means that you block the OUT port from being used as anything but a power supply.

Do you know, or have you experimented with, trying to power this via an external 5VDC power supply?

Had a similar device from Hotone but kicked it out due to accidental bank changes as the buttons were too close for my big feet...

Edit : maybe check the specs but with a small DIY job you can power it from the FAS-link XLR port.

Last edited:
Hi, I have the M-Vave Chocolate and am trying to program it to use as an sustain pedal for button A and want to use a normal pedal using the pedal port and have C decrease volume and D Increase volume. Right now button A works but the pedal only half works but doesn't release. I think I have the CC set to 64, but here is my real issue. I am blind and am having issues with the interface. Can someone provide me the proper settings and I can get someone who is sighted to assist me to make the settings at home. Or if someone would have time maybe we could to a Team Viewer session? Any assistance is appreciated.

I bought this from aliexpress for 30 euros (both the bluetooth transmiter and footswitch,with shipping included!).

I got it to work from the tutorial @overture1922 kindly made in this topic.
But i wanted a diferent function that you get from the original tutorial.

Does anyone know how i can make the the footswitch controller to select scenes? Exemple button A : Scene 4, button B : scene 5 and so on.

I would appreciate the help.

Edit:

I did it!

People are sleeping on these!For the price it's really an amazing device.

Last edited:
Does this unit allow values on each CC? Say you used CC 20 for scene control and then a value 0-7 for the particular scene you want? It still works even if it has a default value of 0 and you use a different CC for each scene, but if you have an expression pedal you need a value 0-127 to give its position?

Revisiting this thread
... I wonder if is there is a way to minimize the "long press" time?
May be best not to use the long press mode and use the mode where press/release no 1 sends midi messages and press/release 2 sends a different midi message?

Back
Top Bottom