Step by step FAQ for configuring Missiong SP2-R?

jzucker

Experienced
Can't find a manual online. Does it require TRS connectors instead of standard 1/4" ? I can't get my ax8 to recognize it.

All expression pedals use TRS cables. Pretty sure the AX8 manual mentions that, as well as how to set up a standard expression pedal.

wait...I can't use the pedal with just a single TRS cable?

you can, but you'd use only one of its outputs. Here's the description from Mission and posted on other sites that sell the product:

"The SP-2 features two foot-switchable channels. The SP-2 does not have a switch output like the SP-1, instead it has two pedal outputs. Operating the switch by pushing down on the front of the pedal with your foot, switches the pedal between the two outputs. An LED indicates which channel is selected glowing blue for channel One and red for Channel Two. This feature allows a single expression pedal to be used with 2 devices, great if you have 2 amps, 2 signal chains, or 2 effects that both need an expression pedal. The SP-2 is also available with the R option mini toggle polarity reversal switch."

how did you intend on using the pedal?

you configure the SP2 the exact same way you configure a regular expression pedal from anyone. the feature of the SP2, that i quoted above, is pressing the switch makes it act like a 2nd expression pedal with its own output. almost like an XY switch, borrowing a FAS term.

so again, it's exactly the same as any expression pedal. how did you want to use it? why did you want an SP2 vs any other pedal?

well, i tried to follow the instructions in the manual and in the video with no luck. I calibrated the pedal, set it's output to control-1 and tried assigning controller-switch-1 to the wah in ax8-edit and the pedal does nothing. Is there a step by step set of instructions for setting it up? A video perhaps? The video linked above utilizes utilizes midi message numbers and seems more applicable for the mfc pedal and the axefx

ok, i got it. Turns out you need to select extern-1, not control-switch-1
Yes. That’s because in the I/O CTRL menu, the Pedal jack was assigned to External Control 1.

Control Switch is something completly different.

to make sure we're looking at the same thing, the AX8 manual example does say "External Control 1" and not control switch:

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 1.45.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom