Stel Andre - Let's Shred!!!

Sounded great, but next time make the shred part be louder in the mix.

That tone is the same color as your guitar. I like. The lushest -Lead- tone I can recalling hearing. (You know, you now have to give patches.) Great sonic space, all round.

Sounded great, but next time make the shred part be louder in the mix.

Mmmm, mayyybe just a hair. I like hearing the actual timbre of the backing guitars.

Last edited:
That tone is the same color as your guitar. I like. The lushest -Lead- tone I can recalling hearing. (You know, you now have to give patches.) Great sonic space, all round.

Mmmm, mayyybe just a hair. I like hearing the actual timbre of the backing guitars.

Thanks man! The patch is the 117 patch numbered in every Axe Fx 2. The only thing you need to do to make it awesome is to add a second amp (amp2) and just increase the delay a little. Now you can try every amp as a second one just to see what fits well to you! I used to use boggie styled amps but seems like lots of other options fit well!

Thanks man! The patch is the 117 patch numbered in every Axe Fx 2. The only thing you need to do to make it awesome is to add a second amp (amp2) and just increase the delay a little. Now you can try every amp as a second one just to see what fits well to you! I used to use boggie styled amps but seems like lots of other options fit well!

Ahhhh, secret sauce, eh? I can't imagine it being better than how you have it. That is just the best lead tone ever to me. Smooth, soft, yet bold.

Ahhhh, secret sauce, eh? I can't imagine it being better than how you have it. That is just the best lead tone ever to me. Smooth, soft, yet bold.
I agree bro, this is my fave tone as well. I'm kinda influenced by Jakub Zytecki's lead tone. I wanted to sound rich and Petruccish kinda, but to retain that beautiful middle position tone feel. Awesome. :)

Dude. I just noticed your pick-up 'work' there. Damn. Which means I wasn't hearing all of it, either. Yours is the first instance to really give me cause to consider using both pick-ups. What pick-ups are you using? Also, what post-processing/mixing techniques if any did you use there?

Thanks man! Well the pick-up changes are quite essential. Not many players understand the power of it but you can sound much better when you understand the sound and the tone options. I'm using the stock Petrucci pickups of that time. Its the Dimarzio D-sonic on the bridge position and a custom John Petrucci Neck pickup. As far as the mixing etc.. no i dont do much since i dont know much. ;)

Stel,

Love it! Perfect. Any chance you can elaborate a little on the addition of the second amp? Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Mj

Thanks man! Well the pick-up changes are quite essential. Not many players understand the power of it but you can sound much better when you understand the sound and the tone options.

Yeah, a truly dynamic instrument.

I'm using the stock Petrucci pickups of that time. Its the Dimarzio D-sonic on the bridge position and a custom John Petrucci Neck pickup. As far as the mixing etc.. no i dont do much since i dont know much. ;)

Coool, thanks. Could you post stems of your lead and backing guitars?

Back
Top Bottom