Stay with me here, but wouldn’t it be awesome if............

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
There was VST support in the AxeFXIII? Not that there isn’t already a dizzying amount of effects already, but there are some pretty unique and cool sounding plugins out there that would be pretty awesome to pull up on the grid.

Which leads me to my 2nd bright idea....why not make AXE EDIT a vst? Would enhance workflow in a DAW considerably, and maybe allow automation tied into the DAWS timeline.

I’m sure this would be horribly cost ineffective to do IF these things are doable at all, requiring thousands of man hours but I can dream.

Pretty easy to use the existing routing and usb audio options to setup a send/return for using effects plugins from your computer.

don’t think the axe can host a vst plug-in as that is a totally different host environment though, but the unit has already been designed to allow it to work well with external audio processing in addition to its internal effects.

I often do the opposite and route external audio through the Axe instead of using plugins since the axe delay and reverbs are so good

I wish Fractal would create a hardware VST host device worthy of joining their current product line and make it as guitar focused as possible by including any kind of pitch to midi and/or hex pickup compatibility feature that they find to be viable. I find blending or alternating between synth sounds with traditional guitar amp sounds to be great in many ways but dealing with the whole DAW/computer paradigm to get it all running often prevents me from following through on the urge.

Back
Top Bottom